My Whole World

Requested by VezAlejandra

Fluff
August 1985

"El?" Mike asked as he knocked on the door to the bedroom El was staying in at the Byers house.

"Mike?" El responded sleepily, as Mike's knocking and pulled her from her slumber.

"Can I come in?" Mike asked

"Yeah." El said, yawning. Mike opened the door , seeing El sitting on the bed, she was wearing a sleep shirt and had messy hair, but Mike though she looked gorgeous.

"Good morning, beautiful." Mike said sitting next to her, she smiled at him and blushed as a surge of butterflies rushed through her body.

"Morning Mike." She said "can I get dressed?" El asked, worried if Mike saw her like this for too long, he'd start to notice her imperfections.

"Oh yeah, of course." Mike said, getting up, and softly kissing her cheek before leaving the room. They had started dating again, not long after they broke up. El smiled and blushed before remembering the task at hand. El got up and put on a baby blue shirt and some jeans, she carefully tucked the shirt into her jeans and cuffed them.

"You can come in now, Mike." El said sitting back down on the bed and beginning to brush her unruly hair. Mike came back in the room smiling, almost immediately a unreadable expression replaced it.

"Um, El, it's really warm out, you might want to wear shorts." He said, not wanting her to overheat. El just shook her head. "El." Mike said, endearingly.

"No, Mike, I'll be fine." El said standing up, trying to walk past him. Mike gently grabbed her shoulders, stopping her in her tracks. He analyzed her expression and realized something was up.

"El, what's going on?" Mike asked, softly.

"Mike." El whined in a whisper.

"Is everything okay?" Mike asked, full of worry.

"Mike, it's not important, I'll be fine." El make a weak attempt at breaking from his grip, but gave up right away, knowing she'd miss his touch.

"El, please, tell me." Mike said, moving his hands from her shoulders, one slid down and held her hand, the other reached up and tucked a hair behind her ear. El smiled at how caring her boyfriend was.

"Mike, I'm  just a little insecure about the scar on my leg." She confessed, squeezing his hand. Mike frowned slightly.

"El, that scar, shows how strong you are El, you have saved us so many times, and you mean so much to me, you have no reason to be insecure about it."

"Mike." El cried. A few tears ran down her face, and Mike was quick to wipe them away. He wanted so desperately to tell her how much he loved her, how he'd always loved her, but we was nervous. Mike pressed a short, but passionate kiss on her soft lips, causing her to smile, they both leaned foreword and touched foreheads.

"You are my whole world, El." Mike whispered.

"And you're mine."