Movie night

Fluff
1985

It was 2 in the morning, Mike and El were snuggled up in front of the tv that El had dragged into her room.

Mike wasn't supposed to be there. If Hopper knew, Mike would be toast. Luckily, he was fast asleep, his loud snores carried through the whole house so the two lovey-dovey teenagers knew he was sleeping.

They both sat on the floor with the same large blanket wrapped around them. Mike had his arm around El and El was laying on his chest.

Mike wasn't really watching the movie. He was zoned out staring at the screen while he thought about how much he loved the girl that was cuddled up to him right now. He looked down at her watching the movie intently. The light from the tv lit up her face. Seeing El looking so at ease and happy made him smile. There was nothing Mike loved more then when El was happy. He wanted to say something cool and smooth but his awkwardness had other plans.

"So how um how is do you are you enjoying the movie?" Mike asked mentally facepalming.

"Yeah, it's good." El smiled, looking up at him. She saw the way his face softened when he saw her looking up at him. Mike expected her to turn away quickly and continue watching the movie, but El's gaze stayed on Mike and her eyes flicked down to his lips. Mike panicked a little, he had kissed her many times before, and he loved it, but he still got nervous every time. What if he did something wrong? What if his hormones got the best of him and he did something weird? Before he could worry too much, Mike found himself leaning in to connect their lips.

Both Mike and El felt an extreme electricity as they kissed, and they both loved it. El and Mike smiled out of the kiss before leaning in again for a quick peck. After they pulled apart from the kiss, they continued to just look at each other, and take in every single detail.

"You are so beautiful El." Mike said with his eyes full of nothing but love.

"Mike." Was all El could say, his words sounded more genuine than ever and she couldn't believe she was so lucky to have someone like this in her life. She'd never been with anyone else but she'd seen bad boyfriends on her soap operas and Mike was clearly not one of them.

They both heard heavy footsteps trudge down the hall. The love in their eyes switched to panic in an instant.

"Mike, go." El whisper yelled as the footsteps got closer to her room. Mike quickly scrambled onto his feet, absolutely terrified of getting his ass beaten by Hopper. El stood up to so she could give him a very quick hug goodbye. She heard the steps get closer and closer and realized there was no way Mike would make it out her window before Hopper entered the room, unless she used her powers. El held the door shut tightly as Mike hopped on one foot attempting to get his left shoe on. As soon as he got it on, El ran to him and embraced him. Mike then got the heck out of there hoping that El wouldn't get in trouble.