Snowball

♡Fluff♡
December 15th 1984

An upbeat song began to play and all the couples in the gymnasium broke apart and jumped around, besides Mike and El.  El buried her face into Mike's shoulder.
"Thank you." El mumbled, it was barely audible. Mike softly kissed the top of her head.
"Hey lovebirds, can you stop making out and dance like normal people." Lucas suggested with the rest of the party trailing behind him.
"We were NOT making out!" Mike blurted out, quickly, but carefully removing his hands from El's waist. His face burned a bright red.
"Mike, what's making out?" El asked softly tugging on Mike's sleeve, she knows she's heard the phase before, from her soaps but she wasn't quite sure what it meant. Mike didn't respond, he just blushed more. The party giggled quietly at El's innocence and Mike's flustered behaviors. Max decided to take matters into her own hands, she was determined to be this girl's friend.
"Its basically kissing but a bit more..." Max paused to see if El was getting it, she wasn't, Max searched for the right word. "Intimate."
"Oh." El said softly and subconsciously grabbing Mike's hand, she still wasn't too fond of Max, even though Mike had confirmed there was nothing going on between him and Max, El still got a tad bit jealous sometimes.
"Could we do that sometime Mike?" El asked, innocently, looking up at him. Mike blushed even more and the party giggled more.
"M-maybe?" Mike managed to get out.
"Hey guys lets just dance or something." Will suggested, he didn't want to dance he just wanted the the awkward conversation to end. Then jumped around and danced energetically, for about 30 minutes, Mike and El's hands we're intertwined the entire time. When the party wasn't paying attention, Mike and El got the brilliant idea to sneak away and spend quality time together under the bleachers.
"Do you think they'll notice we're gone?" El asked, as Mike lead her to their destination.
"Eventually, but when they do, they probably won't be able to find us." They sat underneath the wooden bleachers. They we're still holding hands and El rested her head on Mike's shoulder.
"I'm glad you came tonight." Mike said quietly. It was weird to think a little over a year ago, in this exact building, he promised to take her to the snowball, then he lost her, he didn't know if he'd ever see her again. El came back though and he kept his promise, now they were at the snowball.
"Me too, I bugged Hop about it everyday." El giggled. The sound of El's laughed made Mike's heart flutter. He'd only heard it a few other times, and each time it made him just as happy.
"I'm glad you did." Mike said playfully, squeezing her hand. This made El laugh again. They sat under the bleachers and talked until the dance was over. It was an unforgettable night.

Sorry that was kinda sucky, but I've been having trouble writing lately. Also fun fact: I didn't realize til half way through writing this when I looked up the date of the snowball, that its the exact date of the snowball today (only 35 years later of course) so what a coincidence.