Butterflies

Fluff (with a touch of mild spice, but even the spice is fluffy cos its mileven)♡
April 1987

It was midnight at the Byer's house. Mike and El laid in El's bed with their arms wrapped around eachother and their foreheads together. Mike was visiting for spring break. Joyce didn't mind if Mike stayed in the same room as El, she figured they wouldn't do anything and if they did, El was on birth control to help regulate her period anyways, so they wouldn't be having babies anytime soon.
"I love you, El." Mike whispered, seeing as El seemed to be falling asleep. El's eyes flew open.
"I love you too Mike, sorry, I'll stay awake." El said in a sleepy voice.
"El, if you're tired you can sleep." Mike said, tucking a strand of her light brown hair behind her ear.
"No, Mike, I want to spend every moment that I can with you." El protested.
"Ellllll." Mike whined, blushing a bit.
"I just don't want you to go." El confessed, looking deeply into his chocolaty brown eyes.
"El, I'll still be here five more days." Mike said, now softly stroking the back of El's head.
"That's not enough time." El complained, frowning slightly.
"I love you, El" Mike said softly. El sighed.
"I love you too, Mike." El said leaning in to kiss him. Mike kissed her back. They continued to kiss and Mike rolled onto his back causing El to swing her leg over him. The kiss grew more and more passionate, both Mike and El we're blushing furiously. A surge of butterflies invaded El's stomach causing her to giggle out of the kiss.
"What?" Mike asked, confused. El continued to laugh, resting her head on Mike's chest.
"Nothing.....you just make me....feel things." El said.
"What kinds of things?" Mike asked her.
"Good things, funny things, they make me laugh." El explained, rolling off of Mike onto her back.
"Could we maybe- if you're okay with it- uh continue?" Mike stuttered, his face grew even more red. El nodded and Mike moved so he was hovering above her, giving her a sweet peck before kissing her more passionately, gently intertwining their hands. Mike started kissing her jawline and down her neck. Each kiss making El feel the butterflies she tried to hold back her laughter, but that didn't happen.
"Mike!" El giggled softly, squeezing Mike's hands gently. Mike stopped kissing her.
"You should get some rest now." Mike suggested, letting go of her hands and rolling onto his back.
"Mikeeeee." El whined, obviously sleep deprived. "I want more kisses."
"El, you wanna cuddle?" Mike asked, knowing she'd agree.
"Of course I do." El sighed turning onto her side and inching back into Mike's warm embrace. Mike lightly planted a kiss on the top of her head. El hummed in contentment.
"I love you." El whispered.
"I love you too." Mike whispered back.