Gone

×Angst×
February 12th 1986

El finally did it she destroyed the upside down for good. She was happy, happy that none of those monsters would hurt Mike or any of her friends ever again, but she was also extremely drained, she had used everything she had in her to destroy that awful place. They we're back at Mike's the first place they really connected. Mike carried El into the basement and laid her down in the blanket fort. He kneeled next to her and grabbed her hands. She tried to give his hands a strong squeeze to assure him she was okay, but all she could muster was a very weak one. El's half opened eyes looked into Mike's panicked eyes.
"Mike?" She whispered hoarsely.
"El, its gonna be okay, we get to spend the rest of our lives together, no monsters, no upside down, none of that, just us." A tear slipped down his face, only half believing, the things he'd just said. Mike started to speak again, his voice breaking right away. "El stay strong, think of all the nice things we will get to do, now that we have normal lives, you won't have to hide anymore, we can go on dates, its almost Valentines Day, we can go on a date on Valentine's Day." El found it getting harder and harder to breathe.
"Mike, I love you." El said squeezing Mike's hands. Her eyes slowly closed as her spirit floated off and her body went limp.
"El? Eleven? No El, say something." Mike sobbed. He put his hand on her cheek. "El?! Wake up!" He yelled, his voice breaking through the middle of the phrase. Nothing. "Eleven, please?" Mike pleaded, grabbing her hands again. She didn't squeeze his hands to let him know she was okay. She was gone. Mike's heart dropped, tears continued to flow down his face. Mike wished it was like before and she'd be back after 353 days, but he knew that wasn't the case. Yet he still felt as if El was with him.
Later that night after El's body had been removed by Hopper and some other officers, Mike sat in the fort and talked into his supercom.
"Hey El." He started feeling hot tears flow down his face again. "This is day one, I know you're not coming back, but I still feel like you're here with me, like you always will be. I miss you so much already, and I can't wait to see you again, it won't be for a while of course, I know you'd want me to stay alive, I love you." He turned off his walkie. Mike was right about El being there, she was.

Hey, this was kinda short, sorry, but if you have any requests do tell, because this is a democracy and I want to know what the people want.