Girlfriend?

Fluff
1984

It was a two days after the snowball and both Mike and Eleven were reminiscing over the romantic time they'd spent together. Mike smiled at the thought of El being his girlfriend, being able to hold her hand and kiss her everyday. It would be like living in a dream, but did El even know what it meant to be girlfriend and boyfriend? He was gonna ask her today. Mike put on a light coat and ran outside, jumping on his bike and riding it through the light snow, until he arrived at the cabin in the woods. He had been there a few times now. I visited everyday for a week straight the day after El closed the gate, but Hopper said he needed to stop coming over so much. Now Mike only comes over every other day. Mike hopped off his bike and knocked the door in the special pattern that El taught him. The door unlocked and El came running to the door, knowing it was too early for Hop to be home.
"Mike!" She giggled, wrapping her arms around his waist. Mike returned the favor, the gesture gave him butterflies. Mike took in her sweet scent. "I missed you so much." El smiled into Mike's shoulder.
"I missed you to, El." Mike whispered into El's hair, kissing the top of her head, which made them both blush, they were new to showing affection all the time like this, but they both enjoyed it.
"Come on, let's go." El said grabbing Mike's hand and bringing him inside, they plopped down onto the couch, and El put on a soap opera with her mind.
"We can watch something else if you want." El said, not wanting Mike to be unhappy.
"No, it's okay El, whatever makes you happy." This made El blush, turn away and smile. They sat in an awkward silence for a few minutes, when Mike broke the silence.
"Hey El?" Mike said, looking at the beautiful girl, seated next to him as she watched the television show intently, he found it adorable.
"Yeah?" El questioned, reverting her attention from the tv to the boy she cared about so much.
"Um...so the snowball, that was really fun, I really liked it." Mike said trying to sound smooth, he didn't, El found his awkwardness very cute.
"Me too." El smiled.
"So, I was uh wondering.." Mike's voice trailed off.
"Yeah?" El said, shifting so she was facing him and tilting her head slightly to turn off the television.
"If you'd like to be my girlfriend?" Mike asked nervously.
"Girlfriend?" El said, confused, even though she knew what it meant.
"Yeah, girlfriend." Mike confirmed, nervously twiddling his thumbs. El tilted her head in confusion, smiling slightly. Mike sighed, he didn't mind explaining things to El, he liked teaching her new things, but he was worried if he messed up the explanation, El would get the wrong idea.
"It's like more that friends, like someone you go on dates with and k-kiss." Mike was blushing aggressively now. El giggled quietly, she loved the sound of kissing Mike more. They stayed silent for a few seconds.
"Dates?" El asked, further selling her act.
"Y-yeah you know when you like spend time with someone r-romantically." Mike stuttered, nervously touching his neck.
"Mike." El smiled softly, looking into Mike's dark brown eyes, that were full of anxiety. "I would love to be your girlfriend." Mikes eyes were suddenly filled with joy and his lips curled up into a smile.
"Really?"
"Yes." El said cupping his face in her small hands and pressing her forehead against his. Mike felt like he could cry out of happiness, but he didn't want El to think her was weird so he held back. El pulled apart only to slowly lean back in to peck Mike's lips. The small kiss sent armies of butterflies through both of their bodies.
"You mean a lot to me El." Mike whispered.
"You mean a lot to me too, Mike." El whispered back. Mike then pulled her into another sweet kiss that would soon turn into many more.

Tbh I was listening to 80s love songs while writing most of this and I almost cried a lot but then I remembered I'm at school.