Adjusting To A New Life Part 1

A/N: Sorry for such a late update! To make up for it this one and possibly the next one will be quite long! I hope you enjoy! Also, here's a video that helped me write. this long as chapter~ 😂

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kazama's P.O.V

He groaned as he woke up. Tossing the covers off him as he swung his legs off the bed. He made his way through his apartment to the bathroom. Turning on the light and looking into the mirror, his red eyes were layered with exhaustion as he turned on the faucet. Splashing cool water on his face before drying off. He looked down at the counter and noticed bloody bandages. He remembered having to change Kamiko's bandages and how he tried to keep her calm.

He tossed the bandages in the trash and cleaned the counter. Once he was done he made his way back to his room. Making his way to his desk, he turned on the lap and looked towards his dresser. One drawer, closer towards the ground, was wide open. His eyes rested on the small girl who was sleeping inside. Walking towards her he checked her leg first as the memory of last night raced through him.

"Kazama look! Look!" she called out.

He craned his neck and looked back at her. When he saw her leg, he got up and picked her up. "Does it hurt still?" he asked calmly. He only got a nod as he took her to the bathroom. "You might have irritated your leg too much. I'm going to have to clean it."

"No! It's fine! It's just a small bruise!" she said as she tried to squirm out of his grip. He tightened his grip as he placed her on the counter.

"It's not a small bruise. If your leg gets infected because of this it will have to go through worse pain. Or maybe even get cut off altogether," he said as he reached for the first aid kit. He noticed Kamiko had started shaking. Looking up he noticed how terrified she looked and gently stroked her head. "I'll make sure that it doesn't hurt that much."

"Will I still be able to become an agent?" she asked quietly, gripping his shirt tightly.

"You wanna become one?"

She nodded her head vigorously.

"It should be fine after I reclean it and patch it up," he said as he undid the bandages.

Kazama pulled the blanket over her. He let out a sigh before going to his desk and to continue his paperwork. He looked back at the papers that had his mission report. He took a deep breath as he picked up the papers. "To hide from border for so long with such research," he mumbled as he continued where he left off. He glanced at the clock, 4 o'clock in the morning. "I'll start breakfast in thirty minutes."

~ ~ ~

Omelette rice, toast, and cups of fruit. Kazama placed the plates on the table before heading towards his room. "Are you awake?" he called out as he walked into the room. He noticed that she was at his desk, looking at his files. He cleared his throat to get her attention. Kamiko looked back towards him, clearly ashamed for being caught.

"I'm not doing anything," she said.

"Uh-huh."

"I'm not! I was looking for my trigger! You said that I could have it back!"

"So you admit to looking for something."

Kamiko puffed and sat down in the chair. He smirked slightly before going over to her and picking her up. "Come on breakfast is ready. I'll give it to you after you finish your food, okay?" he said as he walked to the kitchen. She nodded as he sat her down.