Big Brothers and Big Sisters Part 3

I am so sorry for such a late update! I want to thank everyone for your patience! I also want to thank everyone for the 1.1K reads! I hope you enjoy the chapter!

___

Kageura's P.O.V

"Hey, Kage! Look!" Kamiko said as she turned her picture around. "What do you think?"

He looked towards the small girl. He sighed in annoyance and sat up from his spot. He took a good look at it. Several stick people fighting what he assumed to be...a dog, maybe? "Is that a dog?"

"Nooo! It's a Bamster!"

He laughed. "So they're agents fighting a Bamster! Betcha you could beat all of them no problem!" He said as he laid his head against the couch.

"You think so!?" She asked. He could feel the relaxing joy that emanated through him. Kageura simply nodded as he felt the couch dip a bit. "I want to be able to beat Kazama in everything! Do you think I can do that?"

"Probably when you're older," he said as he tried to imagine the thought of Kazama getting beaten by a kid.

"I almost got him one time already! But it was like he already knew my attacks," she said.

"I'm surprised you got him in a position to hesitate!"

"They were chasing after me! I had to fight back!"

"How'd that go?"

He heard her sigh and flop beside him.

"I lost but not because we kept fighting."

"What happened?" Kageura asked. He knew the A-rank captain wouldn't beat a child for no reason. But he was hell-bent strict when it came to suspicion or anything related to a Border. When he didn't hear a reply, he looked over to her. "Something bad was it?"

"They asked about my parents. But I lied to them." She said as she fiddled with her fingers.

"I heard they died-"

"It didn't happen till after."

Kageura hated the feeling. He sighed and decided against pressing on for any more info. He ruffled her hair a bit before speaking. "It's in the past now."

Kamiko nodded and started shaking her head. Probably trying to actually shake out her thoughts.

"Kazama made a promise to me."

Kageura lifted his head a bit.

"If I followed him, he said that he would be able to protect me from the neighbors and that I can learn how to protect others. As long as I followed his three main rules."

"Rules?"

Kamiko smiled and stood up. Holding up one finger as she spoke, "Rule number one: Follow all orders given to me. "

"Alright."

"Rule number two: Don't use your side effect unless you feel it may be absolutely necessary. "

Kage nodded. So far they made sense from what he vaguely heard about her side effect.

"Rule number three: If you can't follow one and two and there's an emergency, make sure it doesn't damage Border or myself in any way."

Kageura hummed as he heard the door open. He watched as Kamiko nearly fell off the couch trying to greet his guest. He wasn't too worried and he looked towards the door. Ko had walked in and lifted Kamiko up with an all too familiar look on his face. He wasn't sure if she could tell or not.