Coffee

Flashback Summer 2019

"So, what do you think?" Rachel and Natalia were huddled in the corner of some french coffee shop. Rachel had led them through the backstreets to this place her and Millie had found when they'd gone exploring. Rachel had ordered Nat her own usual coffee order to try. She sat looking up at her face to see if there was any indicator of if she liked it.

"Oh my god thats not good. Not good at all." Natalia pulled a face as she put her mug down, quickly reaching for the bottle of water she'd bought herself. She did not like coffee. Not at all. She was exhausted. She didn't sleep well anyway but the moment last night had kept her awake more than usual. What would've happened if Millie hadn't walked in?

"Come on! What's there not to like, it pumps me up and keeps me awake. It's great for early morning training." Rachel quickly scolded her jokingly before picking up the mug herself and taking some sips. "Mhm that's perfect. And see look, they give you a little chocolate to go with it!"

What Rachel was pointing to was not a chocolate. It was a coffee bean. Rachel knew that, but Natalia didn't. She carefully picked it up, inspected it and popped it into her mouth, biting into it with a loud crunch.

Rachel couldn't contain her laughter as the brunette rubbed her tongue against a napkin, trying to get all the fragments out her mouth.

"I hate you so much!" Nat hit Rachel in the arm lightly, causing the girl to hit her back. As she went to hit her again she felt a searing pain in her hand, her thumb had dislocated. She quickly shoved it into her pocket and looked up at her companion who was currently being told that the girls were being kicked out for being too loud.

The pain in her thumb was getting worse but it all seemed to disappear as Rachel turned to look at her.

"Come on coffee bean, let's go get ready for the game."

AN: Sorry for the short updates. Still kinda ill but battling through. Went to the Arsenal game at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium today, another big big 3pts!