Chapter Six

QUICK A/N: So, I know the first five chapters are First Person POV, but I've found that when I write in that POV I tend to write less and skip out on a lot of detail, so I'm switching to 3rd. My bad you guys....I'll probably go back and edit the others later, but for now I just wanted to get this chapter out, even though it a little short. Laters!

C H A P T E R S I X
_________________________
D E L I L A H

By the time Delilah had finished her homework, it was well past six in the evening, and her company seemed a little burnt out. It had been a long day of school and a long couple hours of work and studying, so she couldn't necessarily blame them—she was tired too. Even Danielle, ever the tireless and efficient student, was passed out cold, hunched over a small stack of books, messy brown hair creating a tangled curtain over her face. Delilah couldn't hell but admire her roommate across the table, even in her somewhat disheveled state, finding the chaotic spread of hair and limbs somewhat endearing as her glasses slipped from her face.

"Hey, thanks for the help, Aurelie," Delilah said, turning her attention away from her crush and towards the girl seated besides her. In what was about two hours filled with work and tutoring, she'd already found the brunette seated besides her fairly charming—a sweet and helpful girl, if a little tense. Whatever the reason for her somewhat anxious demeanor Delilah didn't know, but she did know she was grateful for the assistance. Technically being a year older than everyone present, she felt a little insecure still needing help from her classmates, but her history of partying, drinking and DUI's suggested she hadn't always been the scholarly type, and that knowledge reassured her that she was in fact trying her best, even if she were a little behind. Besides, Aurelie had been nothing but encouraging, so she figured that if she were to choose better friends, ones who didn't do irresponsible things, she figured Aurelie would be a good place to start.

"It's not problem!" Aurelie insisted, flashing a toothy grin. "Besides, I think you've got the hang of it now!" Delilah nodded, returning the smile.

"I think so. Thanks a lot, seriously." She glanced across the table again. "You're a lot more helpful than a certain someone." Aurelie chuckled, directing her attention towards Danielle as well.

"She's just a little...you know..."

"Bitchy?" Delilah offered. Aurelie laughed once more.

"Reserved," she corrected. "You said you were her roommate, right?" Delilah nodded.

"Only have been for a few days, but yeah, I am." She frowned. "She's like, never in our room though. I think she's avoiding me."

"I'm sure that's not it," Aurelie reassured, shaking her head. "She's just a little shy." Delilah smirked, propping her head in her hand.

"You seem to know her a lot better than I do. I thought you said you weren't friends?" Aurelie's cheeks dusted pink, sending a sudden wave of jealousy through Delilah, who suddenly found herself praying the other girl was straight—something she certainly had never done before.

"We're not, I've just kinda...noticed things," she replied, suddenly hesitant to respond. "Danielle's been in a few of my classes in past couple years, so I guess I've always been a little...concerned for her. I mean, a classmate who comes to school bruised up is bound to catch your attention, right?" Delilah frowned, looking down at nothing in particular. She couldn't disagree; part of the reason she was so interested in Danielle was her concern for her, as well as the mystery surrounding her. Before she became the school's most infamous social pariah, she was always whispered about. Delilah hadn't thought about it much recently, but she had to admit, the mystery surrounding the girl who seemingly appeared out of nowhere was...well, it was something. She'd tried to internet stalk her crush before (to try and get to know her better, of course) and there wasn't anything about her. No social media, no mentions of her in any school website, nothing. It was as if she hadn't existed before she moved to the U.S.