The Prison Break

-Warning! Extra long chapter!-

I felt a pang of guilt for leaving Zuko after I was trying so hard to convince him to come with me but I hoped that the note would explain it or at least make him feel better. I talked with Sokka for a little while, explaining to him and Aang what had happened, as Freya laid her upper body on my lap, purring loudly as I pet her. My mind began to drift off to Zuko, the way he held me. The way he kissed me, it still feels like my lips are on fire. Freya must've noticed the change in my heartbeat because she looked up and asked if I was okay. She began to lick my wound, her saliva had properties in it that could heal wounds faster than natural. When she was done she curled her body up around me and allowed to me to lay on her. I fell asleep shortly after.

-Zuko's POV-
I ordered my crew to resume work as I went back to my chambers. Laying on my bed I read the note wrapped around the bottle. "Your majesty, I owe you for saving my life. I apologize for how everything went down. The white leopard is my animal guide, if you drink the potion enclosed in the bottle then it will transport you to where she is. From there she will know where i am. If you're ever in trouble or lost I do sincerely hope that you use it. I hope I get to see you again. Yours truly- Katara, and Freya. P.S- Tell your uncle I said thank you for everything. And I will be back for Bako, I do expect him to be safe there while I'm not there." I mumbled to myself. I ever so slightly smiled, I tied the bottle in a string as a necklace and tied it around my neck, tucking it under my clothes so that no one would be able to see it. I missed Katara already. I shook my head and tossed and turned till I fell asleep.
—-Katara POV—-
When I woke up it was immediately colder, so I knew we were getting closer. Freya woke up when I woke up, she wedged her head under my arm. I chuckled at her. We really missed each other, I knew that no one ever really understood me. No one except her. It was painful to be separated from her, I let the air flow trough my long hair sitting straight up. Both the boys were asleep, it was night, I was surprised that we hadn't landed and made camp, but I wasn't complaining.

"What's on your mind?" Freya asked rubbing her head on my chin in a loving way. I smiled slightly, lightly, subconsciously scratching behind her ears.

"I know you don't like him. But honestly I can't stop thinking about him." I said.

"Zuko?" She growled. I nodded. She huffed. "Why?" She asked. I shrugged.

"I-I guess opposites attract. I don't know. At first I told myself I was crazy or lonely or both. Then I just had to know. I kissed him. It was like the strongest bolt of lightning shooting through my body in the most pleasant way. Starting stringiest at my lips and wherever he was holding me and ending in my toes." I sighed. She chuckled, yawning, showing off her razor sharp teeth.

"And what did he say?" She asked amused.

"W-Well. He said it shouldn't feel so right, then he tried to play it off as though he only kissed me because he was lonely. Eventually he gave in and admitted that he felt the way I did, but said it wouldn't ever work. We were entirely opposite. Fighting for a different cause. It would just get too complicated." I sighed.

"He's not wrong. So long as you guys stay on opposite sides of the war you will get stressed trying to see each other, trying to turn a blind eye to what each other were doing." She said. I sighed again.

"I hate that you're right." I replied. "Later today would you feel okay being a griffin to go and get Bako?" I asked. She nodded.

"But does he have to ride me?" She asked. She wouldn't ever let anyone ride her. Besides me of course, but I rarely ever did because I knew that she didn't like it.

"As long as you can carry him he doesn't have to ride you." I said. She nodded and stretched yawning again. "You know you can go back to sleep if you'd like?" I said. She shook her head.