Things I Almost Remember pt. 3

Authors Note: This was written on November 24 I'm not sure when it'll be published but R.I.P Freddie Mercury. You will always be remembered, you are a legend of legends. 💋

---
I sat against Freya, my head still throbbing. A small tear slipped down my cheek. I thought I was going to remember. Everyone thought I was. I couldn't help but feel like the man I was remembering was Zuko, but I wasn't sure. "I'm sorry for pushing you to remember." Zuko said coming to sit by me. I shrugged.

"You weren't the only one who got their hopes up for me to remember. I shouldn't have. I knew it wasn't likely but I still did." I shrugged. "I'm sorry I can't remember. It's the guy though....He....He blocks me somehow. The light it circled him, he stood in the middle of it." I said. I knew it sounded like nothing more than a crazy persons ramblings but it was true.

"What do you mean? Who was it? What happened when they captured you?" Zuko asked. Everyone must've heard this because now everyone's attention was on us. I shrugged.

"I-I don't know." I lied. Freya nudged me with her body.

"Don't lie to them. They're you're family." She hissed. I sighed.

"I don't remember this part but apparently I had been carrying Freya only my shoulders because she had been weakened. She won't tell me what by but regardless. Apparently I carried her for about three days stopping in between to sleep or eat or just for a break, and I ended up stopping at the edge of the forest line. I hunted her enough food to eat for two days and I went into town to find myself something to eat. I don't remember everything that happened but I remember running from them. All over town. So many guards there must've been at least a hundred. When I knew I was going to be captured I remember telling myself to take off anything I didn't want them to never give back, I didn't have much on me but I remember I was going to take off my necklace and my jacket I don't remember why though. I don't remember why they were significant. Anyways there was this one guard....No. he-He wasn't a guard He was...Oh I'm not really sure....But he...I knew him that's all I know. He took me to a entirely metal room. There were no windows or bars or anything just a small hole in the roof almost as big as my fist. He spent nearly twenty minutes talking to me, I don't remember what he said though. He ordered a hose to be run through the roof so that it would get the entire room wet. When the hose came through the roof he sprayed me. I thought it was just to make me cold but then he left and came back in an entirely rubber suit with a metal rod. When he hit the rod against the water it sent electricity spiking through the water the floors until it reached me. I don't remember what he was trying get out of it but he mustn't have been very happy because he did that for almost three whole days, all day." I said. My wrists and ankles had scars on them from the intensity of the electricity.

"Do you remember what he looked like?" Iroh asked. I sighed and tried to think hard about it.

"No. All I remember is him commenting on my hair. He said something about liking my new hair but missing the dark color. He spoke something about the northern water tribe I think?" I tried to piece together the bits I was given.

"Everyone that was there with us died." Iroh said in disbelief. "Zhaou it had to have been Zhaou." He shook his head. "How the hell did he come back to life." He said. Freya sat up quickly.

"Zhaou?! I ripped his throat out!" Freya snarled but remembered I was the only one that could hear her.

"Why?" I asked her. She went silent. "Freya!" I demanded.

"I had to." She replied not looking at me.

"You never commit violent acts like that without a reason what happened? What aren't you telling me?" I asked.