Glory and Gore

Weeks passed, Zuko and I mainly stayed away from each other but when we couldn't, we just didn't talk. He'd tried to talk to me, to get me to change my mind, but I wouldn't listen. Then the day came. The day of Sozins comet. Zuko has asked me to come with him to fight his sister, and I agreed. We took Appa over there, and almost the entire time it was silent. "Katara, however this plays out-" I cut him off before I could finish.

"Don't do that." I replied harshly. "She doesn't stand a chance with the both of us. So stop worrying." I said.

"I'm not worried Katara. Just let me speak. However this works out, I need you to know that I love you. I won't ever say it again, I'll never bother you about us again unless you change your mind. Even if it's not for another 50 years. I just need you to know one way or another, I love you with every fiber of my being. Nothing will change that." He said not turning to face me. I knew we were both hurting inside. I could feel it.

"Zuko, please." I whispered a tear flowing down my face which I quickly wiped away.

"I already told you. After today I'll never say it to you again unless you change your mind. If you ever come back to me, even if it's not until we're both old, our skin is saggy and you're short all over again-" he stopped and chuckled as did I. "I'll be yours. You say the words, and I'm yours." He spoke quietly I sighed and came to sit by him.

"Zuko, that's the problem. You can't be so willing to give everything up. You've got a nation that's depending on you. And the healing of the entire world that's depending on you. But if we are saying our last goodbyes, then you should know that you've always been mine and I'll always be yours. But this can't be." I said, then placed a gentle kiss on his lips. And when I pulled away I left us both regretful and wanting more. "Don't say anything else. That's my final goodbye, let's just get this over Firelord Zuko." I said then got up and walked to the entire other side of the saddle. Before I knew it we were there interrupting the crowning of Azula, and before I even realized what was going on she'd challenged Zuko to an Agni Kai. A final battle between rivalry siblings.

Everything seemed to happen in slow motion. Zuko held his ground and Azula was slowly losing hers. In desperation she shot lightning, but not at him- at me. So he jumped in front of it, trying to direct it without being grounded. Trying to keep it from touching his heart without being grounded. It was burning him from the inside out. "Zuko!" I screamed. Suddenly my worst fear had come true. Zuko had done something drastic for me. I couldn't run to him. Azula was chasing me. I lured her over to where I'd be strongest, and just as the lightning left her fingertips I froze the both of us not allowing the lightning to be able to get any further than it was. I calmly let out a breath, moving my body while everything was still frozen, chaining her tightly to the sewers beneath us. I allowed the water to flow back into the sewers, and ran towards Zuko ignoring Azula's screams. I turned him over and he groaned in pain. I tried to see past the tears, I wasted no time putting my hand on his chest where he'd been burnt, and healing him. He groaned again but slowly relaxed and allowed the water to heal him.

"Thank you Katara." He whispered. I scoffed mixed with a small sob.

"I think I should be thanking you." I cried and sniffles helping him up so relieved he was okay. This was the perfect example of why I couldn't be with him or for that matter, even near him. We stayed for his coronation but the same night I left the fire nation, and I wouldn't return.

At least....Not for a couple years...Not until he needed me most. I couldn't turn him down. So two years later I walked through the familiar halls, the place that could've once been a home to me. Could've been once the same halls mine and Zukos children would run down chasing each other. I sighed and continued walking until I heard the same voice and came face to face with a taller Zuko. His hair had grown longer, he kept half of it up in a bun, the rest he left down, it went past his shoulders, he had broad shoulders, he was muscly and even more handsome than before if that could even be real. "Firelord Zuko." I said bowing to him. His eyes went wide.

"Katara." He whispered faltering, completely dropping everything he was doing. "I didn't expect you to come so fast."

"Freya said something was wrong." I replied

"Yes. That's why I've called you. Katara I've got no one who knows me better than you, so I could think of no one more perfect to accompany me. I need you're help to find my mother." He said. My eyes went wide in shock, but I nodded.

"When do we leave?" I asked.

————-
So....Sequel??? Or should I just continue this on this book? Give me some serious input, because I'll do either.