Free the Blue Boy

I woke up, not even a little rested, I had to practically drag myself out of the shelter I'd made. I looked around, there were colonies most likely with a couple Earth Kingdom residents who might  know of a way in. It looked like it was about an hour or so away, at the very least I could get the word spread as a whisper on the street to inspire hope in the people, and maybe enough courage for some of the people to want to join our team of soldiers. So, I took off. When I'd finally made it to the village there was nothing but famine and despair. Mothers holding their children, protecting them from the men who walked around angry enough to lash out on anyone and everyone. Fathers that were working themselves to death trying to feed their family, children who couldn't play in the street, and instead sat in the hot sun all day trying to help their parents. This was no life for them. This was no life for anyone.

I had to remember everything we were doing was because of the towns like this that have no way to survive. That being said, that doesn't mean I couldn't help them while I was here. I'd walk up to the mothers on the street, asking if they knew how I could get into Ba Sing Se, most didn't, but for every group I stopped at, I bent clean, fresh, cold water into bowls for them, and gave any money I had to the people I could. When I finally found a two young men who'd claimed to know how to sneak in, I got the attention of the entire village. I began bending water from deep deep in the Earth, bending it up so it burst through the ground, and making itself into a little well. Freezing some of the water deep inside to keep it cool.

"This water is pure, cold, and fresh. I'm sorry I cant do more for you, but over time the water I raised from the Earth will replenish the soil as well, and you can live off vegetation. My friends and family are fighting for people like you. And to those of you who believe me when I say that, do not lose hope. And to those that don't believe we will show you." I announced aloud to the small quiet village.

"Only the avatar can save us now, girl." A man huffed from the middle of the street.

"And that's why I intend to go save him. The Avatar; his name is Aang. He is a young but extremely talented and powerful Airbender. He will not leave you to suffer, and for that, you have my word." Then I turned and left. It didn't matter if they didn't believe me, things would soon be better and they would see that they should've.

"Is what you said true?" One of the young men asked.

"Yes." I replied.

"Everyone thinks the avatar is dead." The other mentioned.

"Yes, we did as well for a while until my brother and I found him. He's certainly not dead he's very young, and so talented with even more potential to grow." I replied.

"So, will be actually save us?" He asked.

"Yes, he will. I believe he can save the world." I reassured.

"How long have you known him?" He asked.

"Not too long. He's grown tremendously talent wise just in the time I've known him. He won't turn his back on people who need him, he's never done that in the past, he wants to help, we've just been waiting for the right time." I replied. We spent most of the walk discussing the parts of the plan that if they told anyone wouldn't completely compromise us, we discussed Aang as well. I'm pretty sure they don't believe me. They brought me to a wall next to an ocean.

"Here. You can get in through here but you need an earth bender. Neither one of us are one, so we can't help you there. I'm sorry." He shrugged. I shrugged as well.

"It's alright, I'll find a way in." I nodded. "Thank you both for all your help." I said then they waved and left as if what was about to happen wasn't a life or death situation.