Shes Walking Through the Blue and the Gold

When I stirred Zuko was already awake. I chuckled. "How long have you been awake?" I asked groggily.

"Not long." He whispered.

"I'm sorry for crushing your arm." I said sitting up, but he pulled me back down.

"I like you laying on my arm." He said. I smiled and placed a kiss to his lips. And another and another. I had a huge smile on my face. "What?" He asked against my lips.  "You're very happy this morning. It's an unusual sight, though I do love it." I blushed and pushed a piece of air away from my face.

"Sorry." I chuckled.

"Mm." He hummed. "Don't be." He muttered lifting my chin up and kissed me again.

"What've you done to me huh? Why are you so irresistible?" I muttered to myself cupping his face and pushing some hair behind his ear  so that I could see his face. He shook his head causing the hair to fall back covering his face, then he pushed it so it was covering the scared side of his face. I moved it once more out of his face. "Why do you hide that side of your face?" I asked gently knowing it was a sensitive subject for him.

"I mean...it's a scar that covers half of my face, it's hideous." He said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Really? I didn't know. I thought it was beautiful." I replied and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You think my scar is beautiful?" He asked in disbelief. I nodded.

"I do. Truly. I think it adds a sense of mystery to you, and darkness as well, but also light. It makes you all the more appealing, beautiful, handsome, whatever you want to call it. Yes." I nodded. He kissed me slowly. Unfortunately, our time was interrupted by someone knocking on the door. Zuko made sure I was covered.

"Come in!" He called. No one entered. "Come in!" He said again, this time louder. He got out of bed and opened the door. No one was there.

"Zuko, where's Freya?" I asked. "I sent her off last night when we...You know...But she should've come back while we were sleeping." I said. "She wouldn't stay away from me this long." I knew something was wrong. I climbed out of bed and quickly pulled on my shoes not caring that I was only in a shirt since it reached my mid-thigh. Zuko and I walked out into the hallway. I knocked on my father's door. "Dad?!" I called out.

"Somethings wrong. Everyone's gone they wouldn't have just left." He said. I nodded agreeing, I'm sure my father is happy to be home, but still, he wouldn't leave without telling someone. We walked into the control room. One of the windows was open, in came a parrot. I had seen the parrot before. This meant that the pirates were here. "Shit." I heard him mumble. He grabbed my hand and ran towards his room locking and barricading the door behind him. "They purposely chose us as last. Get dressed. Quickly." He said. He handed me an entirely black outfit. "We'll need to sneak out of here, put this on, then when you're done this mask as well." He said handing me a mask that covered all of my face except my forehead and eyes. He as well changed his clothes, pulling on an entirely black outfit, with a blue dragon mask. Once I was done I pulled my hair into a bun something I never did and pulled the mask up. He grabbed his swords and we snuck off of the ship and into the water swimming the twenty-foot distance we were from my home. When we had climbed onto the huge slab of ice I looked around. There was a mix of fire nation soldiers and pirates raiding all of the huts in the tribe. In the center everyone that was on Zuko's ship was bound and sitting there, people were being dragged out of their homes and towards the center, being bound.

"Split up." I told him. I looked over towards my family's hut and watched as a soldier walked in it. I gasped. "Gran gran." I whispered. I ran as fast as I could towards the hut, I made it inside and bended enough water to slam him onto the ground standing in front of gran gran saying everything I needed to without saying a single word. The second he got back up I continued to pummel him until I froze all of his limbs and looked into his eyes. This was him. The general from my childhood that killed my mother. I was face to face with him, my knees went weak and I stumbled backwards. He melted the ice around him.