1

Situation, no motivation
Destination, permanent vacation
___________________

"THERE ARE two different kinds of people in this world." My boyfriend declared, "People who love Dude, and people who fail to have any purpose in life."

I watched him dramatically pace around the room from behind my book. Sunlight danced through the curtains and I was cozy under his sheets. We were having yet another one of our ridiculous conversations.

"What about people who're allergic, Carlos?" I asked in all seriousness.

He stopped to grin at me. "I shall have no forgiveness."

I pointed at a page in my book and read aloud theatrically. "To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner is you."

"Stop reading those books." He whined, crossing his arms, "You're making me look dumb with all your big words."

"I like my big words!" I protested, before realizing I sounded like a toddler throwing a tantrum.

Suddenly the book was snatched out of my hands and Carlos threw it to the other side of the bed.

"You've been reading that book for the past hour." He complained.

I laughed. "Is that why you started that conversation about Dude? To get me to pay attention to you?"

"Been doing that for the past few years but thanks for noticing." He exaggerated, then looking delighted that he had made me laugh.

He climbed onto the bed and leaned his head on my shoulder, smiling blissfully. I took hold of his hand, mindlessly playing with his fingers.

"Sorry, Carlos." I said, "I'm all yours now."

He cupped my cheek and kissed me. "Good."

It's been one week into summer. I was so excited to get of school, only to realize how boring and aimless life can get without classes keeping you busy. I was spending yet another one of my afternoons in Carlos' room.

He started running his fingers through my hair. I loved it when he did that. It made me feel beautiful.

There was a loud knock on the door.

"It's Jay! I'm coming in and I better not see something I don't want to see!"

Carlos and I both rolled our eyes at him and laughed when he entered.

"Are you gonna say that every single time you open that door?" Carlos said.

Jay let the strap of his backpack slide down his arm, smirking at us. "What? This is my room too. And I don't want the two of you getting all down and dir-"

I hurled a pillow at his head before he could finish his sentence, feeling the heat in my cheeks.

Carlos removed himself from beside me to give Jay a hand with his stuff. "Wow. New fencing equipment?"

"Yep. Check this bad boy out." Jay boosted, holding up his helmet.

"I'm surprised they let Lonnie change the crest of the team." I said, crawling forward and reaching for my book again.

"I'm not." Jay chuckled, "Lonnie doesn't take no for an answer so... And she is the captain of the Swords and Shields team."

Suddenly Carlos lunged forward at Jay with the sword still in its scabbard. It was meant to be playful, but Jay, as professional as ever, intercepted the move by wrenching Carlos' arm back and putting him in a headlock.

"H-hey! I'm just messin'!" Carlos gasped.

Jay smirked down at him. "I know." He answered extra sweetly.

"Let him go, Jay." I said, sitting up. Jay can be very aggressive sometimes, even when he doesn't mean harm.

Jay obeyed, laughing as Carlos stumbled towards me, only to trip over the fencing gear that was scattered on the floor.

I stifled a laugh. "You alright Carlos?"

"Yes."

"Come over here."

He carefully navigated through the items on the floor and took a seat on his bed. I automatically wrapped my arms around his chest, resting my head on his back.

"Okay." Jay cleared the floor by pushing everything against the wall, "You two love birds can stay here. I'm going on a run."

"Another one?" I said.

Jay shrugged. "I don't have anything else to do." He replied honestly, grabbing his water bottle, "Summer's been boring."

I nodded in understanding. "We need an adventure." Then I added as a joke. "Let's take a trip to the Isle."

Carlos turned around sharply, almost crashing his face on mine. "You know I wouldn't let you."

I hugged him tighter. "I was kidding, Carlos."

"You two disgust me." Jay stuck out his tongue, prompting me to throw another pillow at him.

"But you love us." Carlos grinned.

"Unfortunately."

"I'll help put away your stuff later." Carlos said as he eyed the gear piled against the wall.

"You don't mind?" Jay said, reaching for the door knob.

"Nah." Carlos replied, "I got a lot of free time."

"Okay, thanks man. I owe you one." And Jay was out the door.

"You should throw away that poster too." I told Carlos, pointing at the poster on the left wall whose edges had turned yellowish over time.

He frowned but agreed. We've been living in Auradon for almost six months now, it's only normal for it to oxidize.

Yes. Oxidize. The loss of electrons during a reaction by a molecule, atom or ion. Also called the process of "paper turning yellow".

I think Carlos was right. I have been reading too much.

"Carlos." I called as he picked up Jay's mess.

"Yeah?"

"When you're done, wanna go pay Evie and the girls a visit?"

"Sure. As long as you don't bring that book."

I giggled, standing up to help. "Deal."

___________________
First chapter's a little boring I'm sorry lmao it'll get better I promise