22

Don't you disrespect me little man!
Don't you derogate or deride!
You're in my world now
Not your world
And I got friends on the other side!
_________________

DR FACILIER was a slim, tall man with a dark complexion that complimented his redish brown coat. He barely noticed who walked in until a young girl with curly hair called "Dad. We've got visitors."

He turned around in his chair, tapping his giant staff against the hard floor. "How'd you know the password?"

Uma rolled her eyes. "Don't act like you don't know me." She said.

He kept his manner cool and collected. "What do you want, Uma? Another failed trade?"

Suddenly, Uma slammed her hands down on the desk Dr Facilier was seated behind. I jumped, but he didn't even flinch. "Failed trade for you." Uma hissed, "If you still want food stocks in your pretty little arcade for your stupid little customers, I'd suggest you stop giving me that attitude."

I had to give it to Uma: He was twice her height but the young pirate knew exactly what she wanted and wasn't afraid to address it.

Uma nudged her head towards us. "These chicks need the key to the lockdown." She told him.

Dr Facilier looked amused. "Ah, Mal the daughter of Maleficent, Evie the daughter of the Evil Queen... and the Isle Orphan." He smirked, "Interesting group."

Emma shot me a look, saying Isle Orphan?

I had to explain it to her later.

Dr Facilier suddenly stood up and casually strolled past us, not breaking eye contact. Something was up his sleeve and I didn't like it.

"And why do you think I'll just hand you the key to the most dangerous part of the Isle?" Dr Facilier cooed at us, "For the kiddos to visit their parents?"

"Actually we don't give two craps about our parents." Mal said, "We need to see Hades."

Dr Facilier lit up, then he turned to the young girl from earlier, who was shuffling a deck of cards in her hands as she spied on us.

"Celia, get over here."

She looked about the age of my sister, rocking a multi patterned and colored suit. Underneath the jacket was a white shirt with a green collar and she was decorated with more accessories than Uma. Which was quite the surprise.

Owl keychain, golden frills and bracelets. What topped it all was the small hat, maroon with a small multicolored skull and dark feathers, that sat on her head.

She looked like the kind of girl you'd want to throw a party with. Colors everywhere.

"What, dad?" She said, heading towards us.

Dr Facilier turned to Uma. "If I do this, you're gonna have to tell your pirates to stop messing around with the controls on the games." He said, "Another one broke this morning."

Uma snickered. "Fine."

"Dad?" Celia said again.

"You're leading them to Hades." Her dad told her.

Celia groaned. "It's past midnight. Why can't Freddie do it?"

"Your sister is busy. And besides, you're Hades' errand rat."

"I didn't ask to be."

"A little too late to say that, huh?"

Celia huffed. "Fine." She unhooked a silver key from Dr Facilier's wall and started leading us out the door.