braelyn

the rest of this is mainly for myself to look back on but you can read if you want to
_____________________

the rest of this is mainly for myself to look back on but you can read if you want to _____________________

this was my first brainstorm for this book. like new character names, events, places. it's a complete mess and i didn't go with some the stuff that's on that page but that's just how i roll.
_____________________

Braelyn: strong, vicious, honorable

i didn't search this up until now and i love it. i love doing character analysis of my own OCs so here we go.

i've always loved the name Brie, and that's where Braelyn kinda came from.

Were You Expecting Flowers?

Braelyn's personality at the start of the first book is cold and devious since she grew up in an environment that had hurt her emotionally and shaped her into not caring about other people.

the reason why letting go of her father's knife is so difficult for her is because it was the only thing she could hold on to/depend on and she dedicated sixteen years of her life to it. as seen in the first few chapters, just the feeling of the knife strapped to her provides reassurance and control over her actions.

obviously her perspective started changing the day she encountered Carlos at the museum steps. Carlos' character is sensitive and fearful, a direct contrast to Braelyn. so when Braelyn was forced into a position to comfort him, she's exposed to the idea of caring about someone.

then comes the main internal conflict within Braelyn: choosing between her knife and her friends- who to rely on. as the story progresses, you can see her slowly start to forget her knife when she's hanging with her new friends. but the breaking point was definitely when they were sent back to the Isle. Braelyn found herself caring more about her friends than herself, and suddenly her own knife was used against her. and the first person to hold her after that trauma was Carlos.

i put my own struggle of letting go into her storyline. i have a hard time moving on from something, whether it be a distancing friend or an event that scarred me emotionally. but you have to let go of something, freeing your hands, to reach for something better. i've been trying to.

Meet in the Space Between

with that lesson learned, Braelyn has learnt to move on from the news of her still-alive mother. she calls her VK friends her ultimate family and doesn't plan on searching for her mother. then all of a sudden she's confronted with her mother and a half sister. and it wasn't something she could run from.

Braelyn, true to her newfound goodness, decides the right thing to do was to assist them. however she wasn't keen on the idea of revisiting the Isle even after Mal insisted Hades could help until she saw her fake boyfriend kiss her fake friend. that pushed her over the edge and, desperate to escape from everything, she 'flees' to the Isle with the girls.

the internal conflict here isn't as apparent. i think the main question Braelyn was asking herself is "where do i stand?" and "how do i feel?". because everyone's position in her life has changed and she's confused and scared of losing.
____________________

Art Project
Prompt: box art of something that tells a story or means something significant to you

My Materials: paper and popsicle sticks
My Theme: a celebration of my first original character, braelyn

My Materials: paper and popsicle sticksMy Theme: a celebration of my first original character, braelyn

i have really crappy camera quality dang it