First day

Liam P.O.V

I watched him as he walked away to go to his first period. It was so good to have an honest and simple interaction with someone. This little guy was so frank and bright. I was still smiling like an idiot when some jock interrupted my thoughts.

"Hey man, I see you already met him," he said, insisting on the word 'him'.

"Yeah, and ?" I harshly responded, already irritated by his behavior.

"Nothing man, but be careful, he can kiss drunk dudes you know," he said, smirking.

"Listen, you're not my friend so keep your advice to yourself! And if you show contempt for him again in front of me, I'll paint the walls in red with your blood" I wanted to say, but held myself back, not wanting to make a scene.

"Anyway, I'm Jason! I was so impatient to meet you, and all the team wants to meet you as well" he said enthusiastically, leading me to his friend in the hallway.

"Everybody, this is Liam !" He exclaimed like I was a superstar.

"There we go again, god do they have this thing you call personality ?!" I was annoyed as hell by them. They were superficial and boring. Everybody greeted me, and I tried to plaster my face with a polite smile. Girls were giggling all around me, and it was getting on my nerves. Hopefully, the teacher soon arrived and we entered the classroom. Jason insisted I sit beside him, which I did reluctantly. He couldn't shut up during the whole lesson, asking me a tone of questions about my life. I was apparently more captivating than the teacher.

"You have to try out football, you would be an incredible addition to the team" whispered Jason.

"I'm not interested sorry" I answered politely. 

"Come on dude, with this body, there's no way you're not playing football"

"I am not interested"

This time I couldn't hide my annoyance. The bell rang, and all I had in mind was talking to Mateo again. He was so much fun to be with, I could already feel it.
But before I made two steps outside the classroom, the jock held me back.

"I'm hosting a party this weekend, you have to come, and don't hesitate to invite your friends"

"You don't tell me what I have to do !" I should have replied, but again, I had enough attention on me, I didn't want more by punching that guy.

"I'll think about it"

Before I knew it, the bell rang again, telling me Mateo would have to wait.
The next period was as unbearable as the first one.
Soon enough, it was lunchtime. I dashed out of the room before anyone could stop me. I run into the cafeteria where everyone suddenly stared at me. I spotted Mateo with two other persons and approached their table.

"Can I seat with you ?" I asked them.

Mateo turned around and express his surprise without any filter. God, he was so fucking cute! Especially when he seemed lost like this.

"Huh of course !" He answered finally, letting my seat next to him.

"Liam, this is my two best friends Stella and Jay," he said.

"Nice to meet you both !" I said with my best smile.

The two of them stared at me like I was an alien. Jay suddenly smirked at Mateo.

"Speaking of the devil," he said out loud.

"You were talking about me ?" I wondered, interested in it.

"Mat' can't shut up about you since this morning" Stella suddenly spoke.

"And what were you telling ?" I smirked myself.

The little boy was blushing hard by now. "Sweet Jesus, when I thought he couldn't be cuter," I said to myself.

"God this is embarrassing! There is no solidarity between us, I thought we were friends! And you, how dare you fake like this? You know what I was saying" he looked at me straight in the eyes while accusing me.

"I have no idea !" I said, acting innocent.

"Liar! You know you look like a greek god. I already admitted it this morning, so leave me alone. I'm not going to tell it every time I see you" he snapped, still as red as a tomato.

"Well, you're right" Stella added.

"Oh my god, you both are lost causes" joked Jay.

I laughed.

"Well, you're not with the popular kids? We are in the outcast category you know" Mateo affirmed.

I wanted to hug him so tight, just to make him understand I didn't give a fuck which category he was in, as long as he was himself.

"Well you're much better than them"

The little boy blushed again. God knows how much I enjoyed making him blush.

"Omg, we are going to have the most perfect LGBT romance in our high school !!" Stella exclaimed.

"Ok stop dreaming about it, we have a lot of beautiful girls around here who would make a perfect couple with you" Mateo explained to me.

Nobody noticed I slightly blushed to Stella's remark.

"Well, sorry about this creature I call my friend, this must have been awkward as fuck for you. For the second time today. Because of me again" he continued, avoiding eye contact.

"Actually, I'm enjoying myself" I replied honestly.

"Dude, you don't have to be polite with us, we would completely understand if you run away," Jay said.

"I'm not"

A sound informed us lunchtime was over. I was dreading the periods to come.