Family issues

Liam P.O.V

I went to my car just after inviting Mateo and his friends to the party. I felt so good knowing he would be there. I didn't understand why I liked him so much already, but I was aware I really did. I climbed in my car and whistled on the radio's songs for the entire way back home.
Well, a home might not be the best term to describe the huge mansion I lived in.
Soon enough, I entered our property and parked my car in our garage. I went to the entrance and walked into my cold and impersonal house. I greeted some cleaning ladies, before meeting my mother in the kitchen.

"Good evening mom" I casually said.

I immediately recognized the hint of disappointment in her eyes. She tried so hard to hide it, but couldn't erase it completely. I knew she was still disappointed I choose a local average school instead of the very best my dad's fortune could have offered me, and offered me during my first two years in high school. But I couldn't stand the pressure and the people there. I was really miserable back then. I never wanted to be a CEO, or a businessman, or a billionaire as a matter of fact. When I asked to go to Rosa Park's high school (I gave Mateo's high school this name), my dad instantly said yes, because all he wanted was to see me happy again. But I could never forget my mom and older brother gazes. That look saying 'you're a disgrace'. While my mother affirmed she didn't mean it, that she was just 'very surprised', it was purely intentional from my brother. He was the one who would take over the company because he was in a very prestigious college.

"How was your day honey ?" Shyly asked my mother.

"Good" I answered blandly.

I quickly exited the kitchen, not wanting to stay near my mother more than I had to. Of course, my older brother was in the living room. College only started the following week.

"How is the family loser ?" he snapped as soon as he saw me, with a tone laced with venom.

I rolled my eyes and went back in the direction I came from, but before I could do anything, I felt something grabbing my arm.

"You're a fucking selfish and ungrateful son. You should be ashamed. Our parents had so many hopes for you and you're deliberately disappointing them" he continued, hatred filling his eyes.

"I don't give a fuck about what you think of me, so let me go and leave me alone" I lied, ready to punch him to death.

Even if he was older, I was much stronger than him. But I did give a fuck about what he thought. We used to like each other a lot before I took that decision. He was an example, always great in everything he did. But now, hate was the only thing remaining of our relationship.
He finally let me go, after staring at me for a few moments.
I run to my bedroom and locked the door. I missed my dad so much. He was rarely home because of business trips and was the only one who really loved me.
I wished I could talk to someone about my problems, but most people would have said that I was spoiled rotten. It was true, I always had everything I wanted, but I had never been a demanding child.
The only person I could maybe talk about it with was obviously Mateo. He seemed so carefree, it was very refreshing. I felt at ease with him.
I stayed a few moments thinking of him before I fell asleep.
I woke up early the following day and quickly did all I had to do. I took a shower, got dressed, ate my breakfast, and brushed my teeth.
I was in my car way too early but decided I would walk once I parked the car in the school's parking lot.
When I arrived, I climbed out and inhaled the fresh air. I enjoyed this moment with myself and decided to go for a walk.

Sorry, this chapter might be a bit short.

Thanks for reading!
Love from otters!