Hanging out

Mateo P.O.V

I briefly hesitated, but finally decided to meet Liam outside. My curiosity won against my embarrassment. I rushed down the stairs and took my coat.

"Mateo, where are you going ?" Asked my mother.

"I'm getting some fresh air" I replied.

"Do know what time it is ?" She said rhetorically, with a hint of reproach.

"I won't be long, and don't worry, I won't rape anyone" I harshly responded before getting out.

Once outside, I immediately spotted Liam, who was apparently trying to leave.

"What are you doing here? You thought we were in 'You Belong with Me' when you were watching me like a creep ?" I joked.

He suddenly laughed.

"Why not ?" He teased back.

"Because first, in the clip, Taylor Swift is a sex bomb, and I'm not. And in the end, their kiss is so romantic! It's not like it's going to happen to us" I teased again.

We both laughed for a while. When I was with him, I felt so comfortable. I was really grateful for having him by my side.

"So what are you really doing here? Missed me ?" I asked again with a smirk.

"Hum... to be honest, I ran away from home, I needed to get some fresh air and I don't really know why, but I drove to your house. That's when I saw you by the window" he explained.

"You can't imagine how embarrassed I am right now" I admitted.

"You don't have to! You were dancing pretty well" he replied with a smile.

"Shut up !"

"And you sing ?" He asked, suddenly serious.

Fear invaded my system. Nobody knew about it and I never sang in public. I was too vulnerable while singing.

"No" I quickly replied.

"Oh! Now that you're here, I realized I didn't have your phone number" Liam suddenly said.

"And I thought we could hang out on Saturday" he added.

"Are you flirting with me ?" I joked.

Liam suddenly tensed, and I knew at that moment I crossed the line.

"Oh, I'm sorry! Don't worry, I won't jump on you! It was just a joke" I immediately explained.

After an awkward moment, I gave him my phone number.

"So Saturday I'm working, but I finish at 3 P.M."

"Ok, I'll come and get you !" He affirmed with enthusiasm.

We soon said goodbye, and I was in a better mood as I came back inside. I rushed back in my room before anyone could talk to me. Even if I still hated my family at the moment, I slept very well that night.

...........

Fortunately, the rest of the week was more bearable. People still stared at me, whispered things behind my back, but it wasn't as intense as Monday. I was on my way to work on Saturday, and arrived on time, as usual. The restaurant was busy on that day. I got out of there completely exhausted, but happy about hanging out with Liam. On my way to the parking lot where Liam was supposed to wait for me, someone interrupted me.

"Hey! Hum, I'm sorry to disturb you, but you didn't call me back, and I was really hoping you would" a powerful voice said.

I looked up and recognized the guy who wrote his phone number on a bill.

"Oh yes, I remember! I'm sorry, I've been... busy these last few days. Hum... Can I help you ?" I asked, unsure of what to say.

"Well, I was wondering if you would like to hang out with me somedays" he replied, visibly unsure himself.

"Huh ... okkkk, I think I know where this is going, but I'm sorry, I'm not interested" I affirmed.

I was scared as fuck about dating again, and this guy was out of my league. I knew how this would end.

"Oh... you're sure ?"

"Yes, don't worry, I'm certain there's a lot of people who would like to date you. But I already tried gorgeous boys, and I know how it's going to end. We are not in a fairytale" I replied, before getting away. I didn't even say goodbye or sorry as I noticed Liam was already there.

"Who is this guy ?" He asked, and I swore I recognized a hint of annoyance.

"I don't know, I think he tried to flirt with me" I blandly responded.

"And what did you say ?"

"No, of course, it's not like dating hotties is something I can do" I replied.

"Yeah, he was good looking, but that doesn't mean you can't date hotties. Stop underestimating yourself" he almost ordered.

I stared at him.

"Ok, romantic stories about a gorgeous boy falling in love with a scrawny nerd are only real in books. We're not in a Disney, look at my locker" I shot back.

He drove me to a café, far from the center.

"They have all you desire I swear," he said, with a satisfied grin on his face.

We took our seats, ordered, and talked for a few hours. I learned that Liam was passionate about drawing and that he really enjoyed going to the gym to push himself. We talked about favorite colors or animals.

"So Liam Moore, what is your type of girl ?" I asked.

"I don't have one and you Mateo Wilson ?" He asked back quickly like he wanted to avoid the question.

"Hum, I don't know anymore. Of course, I would love to be with a gorgeous, strong boy, but it's incompatible with being nice, gentle, and faithful" I explained.

"I'm sure you'll find a gorgeous guy who will take care of you. That Nathan guy doesn't know what he's missing" he affirmed.

"You're so polite" I laughed.

Soon, we left, and Liam insisted to pay for me.

"I have more money than your entire family reunited, so you will not pay with me," he said firmly.

"Well that's true, but I have enough money to pay for a coffee. I don't want you to think I'm a gold digger like all the persons you've met before" I explained.

"Don't worry about it" he replied with his famous incredible smirk.

He dropped me off at my place a few moments later.

"Thank you for everything, it was great !" I said as I approach my house. I waved him goodbye and got inside.