Slowly

Liam P.O.V

The moment following the confession was awkward as fuck. The whole cafeteria went silent for a few minutes, all staring at Nathan as he went out.
"You will not have Mateo ever again !" A voice kept repeating in my head. I was so afraid his little heart would return with that bastard.
All the gazes landed on Mateo just after, and of course, he blushed. His body was so honest, I loved that about him. But he was embarrassed by the situation, even though the blame was on them.

"Could you stop staring ?!" I exclaimed out loud.

Everybody looked away, and progressively, conversations filled the room again.
My following periods were invaded by gossips. I heard a lot of people saying 'Do you believe that ?!' Or things like that, and I wanted to scream 'Of course you should believe that! Mateo wouldn't harm a fly !', but I knew it wouldn't do any good to him.
School was finally over, and I ran into the hallway to catch up with Mateo.

"Hey Mat'! How are you holding up ?" I asked, worried.

"Well, it's different from the past few weeks. At least, nobody insulted me since lunch" he answered.

I knew he was feeling awkward and uncomfortable. I wanted to change that but thought it was a bit too early for public affection displays.

"Want a ride to Stella's place ?" I suggested.

"Yeah, that would be great"

That's when Nathan appeared in my field of vision. I unconsciously placed myself a bit forward, in order to protect my little boy.

"Hum, I would like to talk to Mateo. In private" the jock hesitantly asked.

"No" I harshly replied.

"Liam? I'm fully capable of making my own decisions you know" Mateo immediately replied with a smirk.

I sighed but knew he was right. I shouldn't have done what I just did. I had no right to be jealous or possessive.

"I'm sorry, I just care about you" I admitted apologetically. 

"Listen, Nathan, I hate you. What you did today was a good thing. But I'm not grateful. You should have done this way before. What's done is done" he said, before walking away.

I was jumping inside. 'Bim, in your face' I wanted to scream while raising my middle finger, but I contained myself. I didn't want to show my dark side, not right now at least.
We walked to my car, and once inside, Mateo spoke.

"You're cute when you're possessive" he laughed.

"I'm sorry !" I replied, a bit ashamed.

"I saw that you were scared. I wouldn't go back with him, even if someone paid me millions of dollars" he said while smiling.

I watched him and smiled at myself. He was beautiful with this smile.
We arrived at Stella's home fifteen minutes later.
Stella opened the door.

"You took your time! Jay's already here" she complained.

We went to her living room, where Jay was sitting on the couch.

"So guys! My parents are out and will come back late in the evening, and my sister is out with some friends. What do you want to watch ?" She said with her usual pep.

"I really want you to watch iZombie," Mateo said while sitting next to me.

"Really ?" Jay asked, looking disgusted.

"Shut up Jay! You didn't see the whole show. It's funny, simple to watch and the cast is great !" Mateo defended.

"You're just a fan of Rose McIver" he replied.

"Well that's why I watched it in the first place, but it's really great !" He exclaimed.

"Well it's settled, iZombie it is !" Stella said.

I didn't know what they were talking about but wasn't a fan of zombies. But after a few episodes, I was really absorbed by the show and noticed Jay was the same.
I felt Mateo was getting closer. I wanted to hug him so hard, it was like torture. I didn't know if it was too much or not. My dilemma ended when Mateo put his head on my shoulder. I was ecstatic at that moment.
After four episodes, Stella stopped Netflix.

"Oh my god, that show is awesome !" Stella exclaimed.

"Distracting at best" Jay replied.

"You're such a bad liar !" She shot back.

While the two of them were bickering, Mateo moved and stretched out.

"Did you like it ?" He asked with a smile.

"I must confess I really did" I responded.

"Cool, we'll watch the entire show then" Mateo affirmed firmly.

I laughed. I noticed Jay looked at me multiple times while we prepared ourselves to head out.

"Ok guys, see you tomorrow," Stella said with her big smile.

"Oh, and we'll talk about Lara next time. I need to know everything !" She added.

"Well, we'll talk about you as well. You're dating life seemed as dead as my sexual one" Mateo joked.

I laughed again. He had that thing that made me laugh every time.
I dropped him off at his place a few minutes later.

"Thanks for the ride," he said.

"Well, with that rain and me alive, never you would have come back by foot" I replied with my special smirk.

I saw him blush again. Aaaaah honest body.

"Well, good night, see you tomorrow" I added.

Even if I just wanted to kiss sensually like never he had been kissed before, I didn't do anything. "Slowly, slowly" I kept repeating to myself.
I watched him get inside and looked at my phone.
Reality rushed back in mind as I saw my father's text.

"Liam, I know you still didn't come back home, please, at least send me a text just so I know you're alive. You need to talk with them, and with me.
I love you"

"I'm alive, I'm sorry but for now, I just need some air, I hate them too much to discuss anything with them" I replied.

With that, I drove to the hotel I stayed the whole weekend. I parked my car and went inside my room.
I received a new call from my mom. I of course didn't answer.
I finally got to sleep while thinking about earlier, when Mateo put his head on my shoulder.