Chapter One

~Mckenna~

I stood sweeping the floors of my shop, humming one of my favorite tunes from my cell phone. It was a long day's work I was exhausted cutting hair, small shop talk with some of my customers and most of all making them even more beautiful. As I continue sweeping sort of dancing with the broom I heard my song pause with the ringtone from my cellphone. I looked over to see who was calling," Jesus dad," I mumble to myself annoyed as I continue my task. I barely knew anything about my father, it had only been about a year since I've encountered him. For the rest of those twenty-eight years, I grew up being raised by my mother, who tragically passed last year. It was a hole in my heart that I pushed me to find him. What I didn't want was to be dragged into a shitshow from his motorcycle club.

I continue the task at hand, "He'll leave a voice mail," I thought to myself sighing. If it wasn't one thing it was the other one and currently, he and I aren't on speaking terms. I could hear the sound of a bell ringing, "Sorry we're closed," I yelled thinking I had already locked the door and flip the open to close sign. I was already grabbing the dustpan dropping the hair into the trash before realizing that my visitors haven't left. "I said we're closed," I repeated again looking directly at the two strange men standing in silence blocking the door. I despised repeating myself it was the lack of patience that maybe I had gotten from my mother. "Can I help you," my tone was irritated it was then I realized the nice metal bat that one of the strangers were carrying. "Shit," I slung my broom snatching my cell before bolting to the door. I knew they were treading behind so I slammed the door, locking it. My hands shook as I dialed the numbers I remembered by heart, I didn't give a shit how mad I was at him.

"Hello," a man spoke giving me goosebumps I knew despite our chaotic uncertain relationship I could pass on the message. "Tiggy," I replied my voice was shaking," Look I kind of have a tiny problem." "What tiny problem Mckenna," he questions it's been about a month since I ran him out of my shop. "Oh you know," sarcasm filled my voice as I shoved some stuff from storage behind with the loud sounds of one of my intruders beating the door with a bat. "What the hell is that," He raised his voice probably perplexed on what the fuck was going on. "Gotta go," I slid up the back window trying to crawl out without breaking my neck," by any chance has your club pissed off anyone lately?" "I don't know Mckenna," he was getting irritated I know my messages were being a little cryptic, but I didn't have much time. "Right," I fell out of the window just in time," got to go Tiggy." I hung up before he could answer. I landed from a tiny drop to the pavement floor, my only option was to run like hell, to get out into the public so I could blend it. I was so close to making it until I felt a pair of large hands grab my shoulders pulling me back and slamming my back against the wall.

I gasped trying to get air as I recognized the face that only existed in my nightmares. Flashbacks of being eighteen again, boozing it up, snorting whatever drug I could get my hands on. It was a dark time for me, I honestly thought I was madly in love, but only to be played the fool once he started handing me out for cash to his friends. My heart pounded as I stood frozen, still trying to catch my breath. The man leans in whispering in my ear, "Don't make a scene Mckenna," he pulls back smiling," or else it'll become so much worse." He takes my arm, bruising it from his hard grip and lead me back into my shop, I was astonished how he found me. Dumbfounded I followed, trying to keep his pace as we walked back into the entrance of my shop. Fear that was what engulfed me, I had never been afraid of any man that was until I met him. "Boss," one of his goons spoke interrupting my horrid memories from my past," We tried to get her. She ran away." He tugs my arm forcing me to come in further into my salon. "Sit," his voice was thick, foreign a voice that seduce any kind of woman, especially the navie ones.