Chapter Eight

|Mckenna|

             I took the longest shower, humming the tune from my cell phone as I finished washing my hair, this was my quiet time. A time to gather my thoughts about the events that have passed the last few weeks. I knew I didn't love Warren he was like a bad habit that I needed to get away from as for Happy, I knew there was an instant attraction the moment I saw him. Although we haven't had time to actually have time together I knew after our conversation that things were about to change. He too felt the same for me, I felt a warmness around him, the security that he's not going to intentionally hurt me. I finished my shower getting dressed in a pair of ripped fashion overalls and another band tee. I blew dry my hair and applied on some makeup, I grabbed my phone heading out into the living room. "Is Sloane awake," I asked Kozik who was standing in the kitchen making a pot of coffee. "Nah," he continues his task," how are you doing today Kenna?" "I'm actually a lot better," I felt normal and that was the first in years," I decided Kozik I'm not going to live in fear." "Really," He turns to look at me," what do you mean Kenna?" "I mean," I had this shit-eating grin," I'm going to live my life by my own rules. I'm done hiding Kozik. Fuck Warren he can't control my life."

                      I saw a warm smile from Kozik as he turns to make his cup of coffee, "So I guess you and Hap are what? I saw him walk out of your room and Sloane says he's been there all night." "Nothing happened," I answer grabbing a cup for myself," actually he's wanting to go get breakfast with you and Sloane. I'm not sure what exactly we are. We bother are super attractive to one another, but I've gotta heal from the past." "Just be careful Mckenna," he walks past me to go wake up Sloane." I leaned against the counter thinking more to myself, the first thing I needed to do after breakfast was to find a job. I remember I still had my connections to the original CaraCara girls and Red Woody for doing their hair and makeup. I needed to get back into the swing of things and get back to work. It would be much better than to sit and wait for utter defeat.

                After breakfast with Sloane and Kozik, I had decided to head back to the club with Happy. I needed to speak to Jax before making my next move. I felt jittery about what he was about to say as I explained to him that I wanted to live on my own terms. Once we got there the inside of the yard lot was silent, business as usual for the most part. I slide my leg off from behind Happy and started to walk off before he grabbed my hand. "Hey," He spoke pulling me gently into his arms his lips pressing against mine," things will be okay." It was his way of showing comfort for me and a warning for people not to mess with me. "I'll meet you inside," I smile flirtatiously putting on a brave face before walking across the parking lot and inside the building's entrance. "Hey Kip," I noticed the young prospect standing behind the bar drying glasses for the next upcoming party. "Oh hey Mckenna," He smiles warmly," uh if you're looking for Bobby I think he's out on pick up's for Teller-Morrow.  If you are looking for Jax he's in Church."

                I nod grabbing a bottle of water from the back fridge and knocked on the door seeing Jax alone holding the gavel in hand. "Hey, can I talk to you," I spoke walking inside and closing the door. "Yeah come on in darlin," he answers and I make my way to sit. "So what's up," he looks at me. "I have decided Warren isn't going to run my life anymore," I took a breath before I could continue," look Jax he can't keep doing this. It's either I live my life in hiding or die trying to live." "We can't afford to lose you, babe," he looks at is he has a migraine," this is dangerous Bobby is going to shit a brick if he finds out." "I don't care what my father does," my voice was stern, "look Jax I can even agree to stay here I can uh live in Happy's quarters. I'm pretty sure he's not going to give a fuck if I do or don't." "I'll have church about this Mckenna," Jax answers," look we've got a lot of shit going on with the club. We don't need another risk of losing you to Warren." "I'll take that chance Jackson," I felt a rush of annoyance creep over me," look I'm not going to be the victim anymore. It's time for my ass to start pulling wait." I get up from my chair looking at him with determination," I'll be under the club's watch. I'm picking back up to working with the CaraCara girls now that Red Woody's making films. End of discussion Jax." I left without him speaking so much of a word. I understood they wanted me to stay safe and not fall to the nightmares again, but it's time to start actually living sober and unafraid of what lies to come.

         I decided to start work immediately, I made my calls got Happy to grab my shit from Sloan's and I was already ready to work. "You ready to go," Happy's sexy raspy voice interrupted my mental list of things I needed to get done. "Yeah to Red Woody's we go," I grabbed my duffle bag containing all my hair and makeup supplies before walking out as Hap held the door. "Thank you, kind gentleman," I winked playfully. I knew he was watching my every move as he shuts the door walking near me. "Alright," he smiles," to Red Woody we go." He climbs on his bike with me following behind, holding moving my duffle as a backpack. I wrapped my arms right around him as tight and snug as I could pressing my chest against his back and before I know it we were off driving out onto the streets and onwards to Red Woody.

Author's Note:

I hope ya'll enjoy the latest chapter. Anyways keep your eyes peeled for continuing chapters and new work.  Thank you everyone for the votes and comments!!!