Chapter Two

|Bobby|

"Mckenna it's your dad," I spoke trying to hold it together as I sat upon the barstool, cigarette in my hand," answer your phone. We need to talk." I hung up feeling a bad vibe that I just couldn't shake off, something wasn't right I knew Mckenna was upset about something after I saw her storming out of the club during one of the club's get-togethers. It's been a few months since she had left with no word, not even a phone call. Maybe she just didn't want to accept what kind of person I was or maybe it was something more. I took a drag from my cigarette, sipping on my beer my mind was racing with the thoughts of never seeing my kid again. The guilt of being a neglectful father always crossed my mind, I wished her mother would have told me about her so I could have actually been a father. It's all in the past now and I'm trying to make things right, but something happened and I'm not exactly sure what.

From what I gathered Mckenna grew up up in the more wilder side, her mother was a well-known croweater from Tacoma. A thought crossed my mind that she may have her mother's taste in men and fell for a son, but I doubt that. Mckenna seemed to yearn for normalcy, not a life filled with outlaws. I continue to ponder the reasons for what force my own flesh and blood to ignore me. I stared at the burner cell just thinking all these thoughts in my head, I sighed setting it on the bar table, grabbing my beer to sip it. I was started when the burner cell rang causing me to pick it up frantically. "Mckenna," I spoke yearning for relief to know she was okay a silence filled. "This is Nurse Conners," a woman's voice filled my ears," Are you, Bobby Munson?" "Yes," I replied worried that it could be one of my brothers. "You were the second on her list, but," She pauses I could hear the papers shuffling," Your daughter is in the hospital at St. Thomas. We need you here to make some important decisions about your daughter." "I'll be there in a moment," I replied trying to hold it together. I hung up, tossing my cell across the table, putting my hands on my face," Fuck," I yelled getting up from my seat. I started to walk out only to run into Jax and Tig, I knew I had to tell the guys what's going on. This was some serious shit," Look Jax," my voice was a bit shaking," my kid is in the hospital I gotta skip Church the nurse that I talked too said it was pretty serious." "We got your back brother," Jax replies and before I know it we were all on the way to St. Thomas. 

By the time I walked into St. Thomas my legs begin to shake, the bright lights and antiseptic smell was enough to make me sick. "Mckenna Munson," my voice felt surreal as if it wasn't my own," I got a call from Nurse Conner saying I needed to come by." "Very well," the nurse spoke," I'll go get the doctor her room is 351. Now, Mr. Munson, there's already another visitor in there, but you can go see her," the nurse gives a disapproving look at my brothers. "Very well," I replied looking at the guys. "Don't worry Bobby we'll still be there," Jax spoke leaning against the wall I took a deep breath and followed the nurse to the intensive care unit. I open the door there Kozik sat holding her hand, asleep. The look of sheer horror couldn't possibly be more written here, my kid was lying in a bed covered in wires and a breathing tube, bandages covering her cheek, her face black and blue. It was enough to make me sick to my stomach, "who the fuck could have done this to her," it was the thought that crossed my mind," and why would they do this? Could this be Mayan or those neo-nazi bastards?"

I took a small step over realizing that Kozik was sound asleep with his hand holding hers. I'm not sure how long the little shit could have been here, but it looks like he's been there a while. I kicked his chair waking him. "Oh shit," He groans startled by my presence," how long have you been here?" "Just got here," I replied looking at him," how long have you two been together? Did you do this?" "Uh for her it's complicated," Kozik answers letting go of her hands," she's I think in love with someone else. As for if I did this come on Bobby you know me better than that. I wouldn't lay a hand on a woman." "Then what the hell happen Kozik," I could tell my anger was going to get the better of me," I get a call from the nurse saying that someone found her in Stockton, half dead." "Ahem," another voice from behind me spoke I could see Tara, Jax's old lady, and another doctor standing there. "Are you Mr. Munson," the male doctor spoke, "I know Mr. Kozik," he continues. "Yes I am," I really just wanted to know what was going on," is my daughter going to be okay." "Mentally she's going to have a long road ahead of her," the doctor spoke," she was in bad shape when she was found, her ribs are broken, her body is going to be heavily scarred from the injuries," he pauses," but her and the baby is going to be okay."

"Baby," I questioned looking over to Kozik like I was going to rip him in half," Mckenna's pregnant?!" "Actually she's twenty weeks and into her second trimester," Tara replies," I'm going to be her main doctor for this pregnancy. Look I know this is a lot of information Bobby, but she's going to need you when she wakes up. She's going to need her baby's father," she sighs," the baby is in perfect health, the biggest concern is her mental health and the stress from her injuries." I looked over at Kozik," is it yours," I question in disbelief that in a few months I'd be a grandfather. "Nope," Kozik looks down at Mckenna," I would have to guess the father might be the guy she left at the club a few months back." "I see," I sigh," let's go talk to Jax and see if we can find this so called baby daddy."