Chapter Four

I did dedicate this to one of my amazing readers. For you gave me the suggestions of a love interest for Mckenna. Honestly, I was pretty unsure whom she was going to be with until a suggestion was made. Here's a bonus chapter. Enjoy! More to post soon.

                                                                                             |Mckenna|

I woke up to the sounds of bright lights, the sound of a heart monitor filled my ears annoying the hell out of me. My body hurt, I had no clue where I was, one minute I was being tortured and the next minute I was hearing voices from strangers screaming to get help. I start to slowly move to raise up scaring the hell out of my father. "Jesus Mckenna," he snaps in fright like he was about to fall off his seat. I pulled the oxygen from my nostrils," where am I," my voice was hoarse probably for the screaming. There were flashbacks of the past few days that happen, but nothing else. My father embraced me, I could feel the tears from his cheek, "What the hell happen," the thought that crossed my mind," where am I?" Now that was the better question, my surroundings were white, the bed uncomfortable as all get out. "Baby girl," I could hear it in his voice he was crying," I was so worried about you. I was scared you'd of never woken up." He was shaking, I was confused shit this wasn't the day to start forgetting.

Tara walked in not too long after asking me questions of my health only to drop the bomb on me that I am pregnant, which if I calculate is about 4 and a half weeks along. I backtracked all my love affairs only to remember one that made my blood cold. It happened a few weeks after Tig and I split for good. Warren. Oh God, I prayed to whatever that existed that he wouldn't come to find out I'm alive or else shit would get pretty bad for me. I knew I had to get out of here, maybe leave for Canada or go South of the border. Warren was dangerous with wealth and a crime family made of money. Fear overwhelmed me, how could I have let this happen. "Mckenna," Tara touches my shoulder," Hey," I looked up at her," yeah," my voice was cold, I was afraid. "We need to give you a psychological evaluation and you are going to have to talk to the police. Can you do that?" "Sure," I looked away anxious to get out of the bed," when can I leave?" "You can not leave until we get an idea of your mental health," Tara looks at her chart," so get some rest if you need anything pressed the button. She walks off closing the door leaving the room in utter silence.

I felt fine, least for the time being as I was just entrapped in my thoughts trying to figure out what my gameplan is next. I knew I had to explain to my father that Tig of all people wasn't my baby's father, that the man who supplies half of this kid's DNA is a total psycho with a possessive complex for me. Shit, this situation would only get worse if I allowed it I needed a plan now, unfortunately, I wasn't sure where to start. "Dad I can explain," I wasn't sure what to honestly say to him we've been estranged for so long I'm pretty sure he'd freak if he found my past habits. "Okay," His voice was calm I could sense a bit of disappointment, but who knew. I took a deep breath rubbing my stomach still trying to absorb the fact that something was growing inside. "So Warren and I met when I was eighteen he was twenty-five," I didn't want to talk about this it was like reliving my junkie days of being a careless party girl, a victim of an abusive relationship. "Anyways I was quiet the junkie back in the day," tears filled my eyes," I was passed around a lot by Warren with his friends. I honestly thought at some point he loved me. He probably did at some point, but things changed I left for Tacoma met Kozik and Sloane which lead me to meet you."

"I"ll kill the bastard," my father balls up his hand in anger," are you sober now Mckenna?" "I had just gotten sober before I met you. The withdrawals are enough to make you wanna die, but luckily Kozik was there helping me along the way. It's also how I got reunited with Sloane, she's actually in love with him. I was sober for up to two years dad and that went to shit when I left Tig, he was fucking some croweater. I got too attached to the relationship with him until that night." I was trying my best not to break down at this point, but I was losing at this point," I relapsed and ran back to Warren. He was my supplier for the drugs. I partied and we were good until one night it went back to the same vicious cycle." I could see my father tense up as I continue my tale," look I ran away again from him only to get sober again and started up my salon. I noticed someone was sending the girls from CaraCara to me which I appreciate, but dad this isn't your war. I can handle this it's my battle, not yours or the clubs."

"Babygirl," my father sighs," look the club's going to protect you. I'll talk to Jax maybe get Sloane down here. Don't argue I'm not allowing you to fight this alone. We're a family Mckenna and I may have done your mother wrong, but I want to make this right. You're my kid who is carrying my only grandchild." "Dad," I was in tears at this point embracing him in a hug," I love you. Sorry I didn't come looking for you sooner." "It's okay Kenna," he gets up," I'm going to go talk to Jax and smoke. I'm going to see if I can send a patch member to keep an eye on you for now on." We exchange goodbyes and there I was alone again. I looked down at my stomach," okay kid let's go to the bathroom." I felt weak as I made my first attempt to get up from the bed, ugh my body hurt even more, but my bladder overruled. "Fuck," I groaned moving slowly out of the bed using whatever I could to keep balance. I somehow managed to get to the bathroom where I saw my reflection in the mirror. My face was black and blue with a bandage on my cheek from where Warren sliced it, that was going to leave a nasty scar, but hell maybe me and the Scot that hung around with dad could have a laugh on it.  I began to examine myself lifting my gown seeing the bandages on my stomach, I sigh touching the small baby bump that I just had noticed. "I'm sorry," I whispered," I'll protect you at all cost okay kiddo."

I stood in silence continuing to stare at myself in the mirror, it all made sense, the weird cravings the slight pain how could have I not known I was pregnant. I was scared shitless of motherhood even more terrified that Warren was the father. "I promise little one," I whispered," that nobody will take you away from me." I heard the click from the door and the creak as it opened, "Shit," I mumbled attempting to move as quickly as I could to the hospital. I lost my balance falling into the arms of an attractive bald man with tattoos covering his skin. He was dressed in a grey t-shirt, baggy jeans and the same kutte my father wears with the patch saying Sergeant at Arms. "Sorry," I felt the heat from my cheeks as I made my attempt to push away from him to get my balance, "I'm Mckenna." "Happy," His voice was raspy giving me this unimpressed stare with his dark brown eyes. "I can get it myself," I slowly moved my way to the bed struggling between the pains and feeling a little sick from the baby. "No you don't," he answers walking up and sliding my arm above him to help me balance. I got to the bed and Happy helped me get settled, only to move to the chair where my father was formly sitting. "You can have the remote," I was attempting to break the ice," I'm not really interested in watching anything."

"It's fine," he replies I noticed he didn't seem much of a talker, a man of few words well least he wasn't asking me fifty questions to what's going on. Despite the silence, I felt comfort by his presence, it was different from Kozik being around I couldn't explain it really. "So you're my latest escort," curiosity got the best of me. "You can say that," he stared at the tv absorbed in a tv show of old school cartoons. "Is Sloane or Kozik coming back," I yawn feeling exhaustion attempting to take over. "At some point, we're working in shifts," he answers looking at me," now rest or else I'll call Tara in here." "Gotcha," I lean back and before I knew it I was drifting off as sleep had won.