Chapter Fourteen

|Happy|

"Just get Juice to track this burner," Mckenna replies," because I have no clue where I am at. Warren is dead," she cried," I'm free Happy. The nightmare is over." "I'm on my way," I answer walking to Juice bedroom," Mckenna just hang in there, don't touch the body we'll handle it." "Okay," She replies in full-blown cry mode," I love you Happy." "I love you more," I answer before we hung up. I knocked hard on the door and a few minutes later Juice opened the door in just a pair of sweats, a brunette wrapped in the sheets sound asleep behind him. "Yeah," He looked hungover I handed him the burner," sorry man we don't have time. The bastard's dead and we need to find Mckenna." "Give me a few minutes to see if I can track the number," Juice replies," I'll meet you back in the front as soon as I am done."

An hour passed as I watched the brunette that was sleeping walk out carrying an overnight back. "What the fuck is taking Juice so long," I snapped in frustration unsure of Mckenna's wellbeing. "She's going to be okay Hap," Jax replies," especially if she called you. She's alive and that's the important part." "You don't know the shit she had to endure," I turn towards Jax before realizing Juice was already out with a piece of paper in hand. "Sorry guys it was tricky to find," Juice sighs," she's pretty close a few miles out of charming by that neighborhood they are building."

"Let's go then," I jump from my seat," let's go get Mckenna." "What are we going to do about the body," Bobby questions," I mean it's murder." "Self-Defense," I argued feeling my temper flare," I don't give a shit if we need to burn it. Mckenna is not going to be charged for it." "We need a plan Hap," Jax intervenes," and we need to ourselves calm and not lose our shit before things get out of hand." "We know you love the lass," Chibs spoke with his thick Scottish accent," she's a tough gal." My temper stirred and my anxiety could eat me alive, I knew the horrors that Mckenna had went through. My brain was going ninety to nothing on her wellbeing, I knew there were going to be scars that would probably never heal. All I wanted to do was pull her close, protect her and most of all love her for the way she is.

                                                                     |Mckenna|

I sat with tears streaming down my cheeks having a full-blown meltdown. I screamed, I cried, hell at that point I even laughed. My nightmare was almost over and there proof lying dead upon the bed. I knew I wanted a fresh start for good this time, it was time for me to live my life the way I wanted too. No more of the pain, the anger or the fear to dictate my life, I went from one emotion to another only to end up in utter numbness. Maybe it was from the exhaustion or maybe it was the relief that it was finally over. I heard the door opened and panic surged through my body I looked up to see Jax pointing a gun. "Please don't shoot," I lifted my hands up in the air. "Fucking dumbass," Happy snaps rushing over to me embracing me in a hug. I started to bawl again," Happy," I cried feeling the warmness of his chest," oh god you're here." "It's going to be okay baby," He whispers in my ear, trying to calm me," I'm here now. You did well." Silence filled between us, I was in a state of shock as Happy helped me stand, guiding me outside to the fresh air.

Days passed since the incident and I was finally able to grieve what really happened to me. Warren took a lot away from me, my freedom, my confidence and the people that I had loved. What he didn't realize was I evolve from the hell he put me through and despite the fact that I still wake up screaming I knew I was going to be okay. A few days after the incident Happy proposed to me. We also decided to move in together in his home place in Stockton, I've even met his family as well. Life so far has been good, but I still think about the horror like it was yesterday.  I missed my best friends, Sloan, I still felt guilty over her death, but Happy says bad things happen and she wouldn't want to me to beat myself over it. Kozik, I'm unsure of where his whereabouts are, but I do hope he can heal from this madness too. The trauma was over, but I had a long run for healing.

                                                              *                   *                *               *

                                                                             |Happy|

                                                                             |Happy|

A year passed since the incident and here I was standing at the end waiting for my beautiful bride to make an entrance. "You okay brother," Jax questions knowing that I was slightly nervous. "Yeah," I smile," just wanting her to get here faster so we can make it to the honeymoon." Truthfully I was beyond excited to make Mckenna Munson, my official old lady, she was my better half, my soul mate. "The Killa is getting soft," Tig teases as I cut him a deadly look the music for the bride to walk began to play.

I looked directly over and my beautiful bride walking down the aisle with a  bouquet of red roses in her hand, a flower girl in front tossing flowers with the ring bear following behind. She was gorgeous, a white dress that shaped every perfect curve.  By the time she gets up there Bobby pulls her veil back kissing her cheek handing her to me as he makes his way sitting down. Mckenna looks at me grinning with a sexy grin, she definitely was my partner in crime. "You look beautiful,"I smiled whispering to her. "Thank you," she wants to kiss me I could tell," You look sexy." The music turns off and the exchange of the wedding vows begin. "The groom and the bride have things they want to say for their vows.

"Mr. Lowman," the preacher spoke," you're up first." "Mckenna Munson," I take a breath," You see me for what I am and not some cold-hearted bastard. You have brought out the best of me and I honestly can't imagine life without you."  Mckenna was in tears at this point," Ahem," Jax interrupts," you gotta do it." "And with that, I promise to treat you as good as my leather and ride you as much as my Harley," the crowd cheer as I slide on the wedding ring upon her finger. "Happy," I watched Mckenna trying to hold it together," you've been by me even in my darkest times. You see me not just some broken girl, but a strong woman who can handle my own. I promise to be supportive, be loving and be the best old lady I can be. I love you." I watched Mckenna slide on my wedding band and before the preacher could say anything I had already kissed my bride. " I love you," I whispered to her before giving her another kiss. "Ladies and Gentlemen I give you Mr. and Mrs. Lowman."