Chapter Five

|Mckenna|

A few weeks of being locked in the hospital, after one failed mental exam that sent flashback, I was now being forced to see the shrink to help me sort my issues once every few weeks. I had some things to tie up before permanently making Charming my residents. Selling my shop you'd think I feel any sort of feeling, but the flashbacks of my attack from my psycho ex and his goons just left a bad taste in my mouth. There were no regrets, no remorse not even tears I had more to think about than a hair salon. It was just honestly too much on my plate, I needed to concentrate on the baby and healing with a new identity. So there I was standing at my shop signing my papers to give my shop to my shop manager. "Are you sure about this," my best friend and partner in crime, Sloane O'Connel questions staring at me with her vivid hazel eyes, her olive skin glowing against the sun. "I think so," I answer looking at my stomach, " I've got bigger responsibility now. I can't let Warren find me alive for the sake of my unborn child and myself." We met up at a nearby park between Charming and the salon location, silence filled between us since the incident and finding out I was pregnant. "Okay," Sloane gathers the signed paperwork," everything is in order. Your shop is sold. We'll be having a mock funeral for you in a few days." "I know," a twist in my gut made me want to vomit. I knew I had to lay low and play the dead girl.

"I can't believe he's won," I whisper sighing," I'll have to dye my hair again to something darker. I have to completely change myself in order to hide from him." I was terrified knowing that if Warren finds out that I'm still breathing that he would burn down charming." "Least you got Hap around," Sloane smiles," he's not bad eye candy." I snort ignoring her comment, just what I need a hot man to fall in temptation with. "He's probably not into pregnant girls," I turn to see him leaning against the tree with a toothpick in his mouth, talking to Tig. "Have you and Tig talked lately. I know it's sort of weird now," the questions continue from Sloane," I know you had some strong feelings for him. I know he sort of pushed you away from here." "Look S," I get up feeling the light California breeze," I can't talk about this shit. I'm off-limits from any of the guys and besides, there's no way in hell I'll be with a Son ever again." "Okay," She grows quiet putting the paperwork back into her bag," listen I didn't mean to hit a nerve," she smiles warmly," I know you've been through hell I just wanted to see you smile again."

The rest of the day began to be a blur, I had ended up getting a large batch of supplies from the beauty supply store for my transformation. I hated to lose the beautiful plum colored that I had strived for, but now wasn't the time to be upset. I stood in silence staring at my reflection in the mirror. I looked like utter shit, my face still containing some yellowing from the old bruises, a bandaid on my cheek covering the reminder that Warren left. I picked up a pair of scissors, "Why the hell not," I mumbled to myself as I start to cut my hair. I knew I couldn't afford to be super long, so I stopped at my shoulders, adding long layers and bangs. After a few hours of cutting and dying my hair, I looked like a completely different person. There I stood in silence staring at the stranger in the mirror. I couldn't even recognize myself, my hair hasn't been a warm brown, which was my natural hair color since I was thirteen.

"Okay," I had this habit of talking to myself, I decided to walk on out, my attired was dressed down in comparison to my old life. I tied my hair in a messy bun, walking out into the front where all the guys were sitting, laughing or flirting with the croweaters. It suddenly grew silent once they recognized that I was present. "Hey don't stop the fun on my part," I put on a fake smile trying not to be such a Debbie Downer. I moved over towards the bar where I order a glass of water. "Mckenna," Tig's voice spoke I turn to see him," you wanna talk?" "Yeah," I answer not wanting to push our relationship further," let's go out." I grabbed his hand following him outside to sit over by the picnic table. The night was cool, sending chills up my spine as I watch Tig sits by me. An awkward silence filled between us I wasn't honestly sure what to say to him I mean sure he broke my heart. I saw him fucking another woman all because he had an issue with my age. "I don't know what to say Doll," I watched him fidget with his hands," you were just young, I shouldn't of well." "No need to apologize," I answer unamused by his shit," look let's stay civil. The baby, by the way, isn't yours. So Tig you don't have to worry." "What the hell happen," he questions his hands touching my face," why did you go back to him, Kenna?"

"I honestly couldn't tell you," I lied through my teeth," I guess he's like an old habit. Something that I just ran back too." "I'm sorry I pushed you towards him Doll," there was a pain in his voice, but there was no way in hell I would go to comfort him. "Tig," frustration filled my face I wasn't sure how to deal with his pity party," look I was a junkie before I was eighteen. I honestly thought I loved him," I lean back," I mean I'm sure I loved him. I wouldn't have put up with so much bullshit and abuse." "I'm relieved to a point the baby isn't mine," Tig spits out," I don't think I could have  helped ya there." "Tig," I stand up looking at him," look stop feeling so sorry for yourself and for me. I'm fine I'm alive and I'm away from him." Before he could reply I just left to go back inside I couldn't deal with Tig's internal battles I had other things to plan for.

"Hey," I turn to see Happy standing near me looking protective," are you okay?" "Yeah," I answer softly," just dealing with the rest of Tig's bullshit." There was something in his presence that made me feel safe. It was a different vibe than what I had with Warren, "Hey Hap," I looked up towards him," I'm not feeling well and don't want to be alone. You mind keeping me company." "Why not," he follows me back to my room where he sits nearby, I crawled into bed feeling mentally exhausted. Before I know it I was out completely cold, yearning for this all to be a complete nightmare.

Author's Note:

Well That's it for Chapter Five, had a bit of writer's block and wasn't really sure where to go about it. I actually am having a blast writing this tale and look forward to posting more.