Chapter Twelve

|Happy|

                                                     He found me. Sloan is dead.

"Fuck," I whispered to myself standing with Kozik and Jax in the clubhouse as we planned for Mckenna and I's night. It was the night I was planning on proposing, and I had wanted to make everything perfect. I had the ring, the setup and the support of my brothers I knew I wanted to make Mckenna my old lady. I closed my cell, sliding in my pocket, I knew I needed to leave fast in order to catch up to Mckenna. "Happy," Kozik yells following behind, today was about to get worse once I tell him his old lady is dead. "What's wrong," Kozik questions as Jax rushes up as well. I didn't know how to say it, I couldn't imagine what I was about to unleash on my brother with the pain that he's about to endure. I hand him my cellphone showing the text message, all I could hear was a man breaking down losing the woman he loves. There wasn't anything I could do and shit started to get worse when Unsure pulls into the driveway. Unsure gets out of his car walking over towards us with eyes of sadness. "Herman Kozik," he spoke with sadness in his voice," Sloan," Kozik falls upon the ground his eyes look in horror and lost. I've never seen a man break down before, but this was the very last time I wanted to. Jax and I help Kozik to Unsure car where he is forced to go to identify the body. "What the fuck is going on Hap," Jax's voice was filled with concerned I looked at him, a mixture of anger and fear overwhelmed me. "Warren has Sloan," I looked at Jax," he's a dead man Jax. I'm going to add my next tattoo of it." "Look we need to plan careful Hap," Jax sighs," we need to plan this out or else more bodies are going to be on the ground. Let Kozik get his shit sorted, have a funeral and then we take this to church for ideas to kill the bastard."

Days passed and I was growing more restless for Mckenna's return. I had a sense that Warren's dumbass wasn't going to lay a hand on her. I stood watching Kozik fall apart by the seems and I was growing concerned that he might relapse. "Brother," I spoke trying to find some comforting words, I knew Kozik was in a dark place. Silence filled between us, instead, we drank together taking one shot after another. I think even the whole group was concerned for Kozik well being which is how he ends up at the cabin, to be able to grieve in a safe place. I couldn't sleep the thoughts of Warren drugging Mckenna up and passing her around was enough to piss me off. I had promised her she was safe with me. I was more angry at myself for not taking every fucking precaution out there, but there was no point in dwelling on it. I laid in my bed, her scent covered my sheets, her clothes scattered everywhere. My heart ached for her, I missed her, I need her like oxygen. I soon began dozed off until my cell phone goes off which I ended up picking up,"Yeah," I spoke raises up and throwing my legs on the side of the bed.

"Happy," her voice cries it sent me almost into a rage," Mckenna baby," I started to get up sliding my shirt on," where are you, baby?" Warren doesn't know I called," her voice sounded hoarse, she sounded almost fucked up on something," if he finds out I called he'll punish me." "Baby I promise we're going to get you out," I try to remain positive," I'll make that son of a bitch pay for what he has done to you." "Happy he killed Sloan," she cries upset,"  he has me snorting again, I'm fucked up beyond belief. I just needed to hear your voice to stay brave." My heart shattered hearing that she was back in that dark space. I get up cracking my door to walk down the hall to Juice's room. "Stay on the line babe," I requested knocking on Juice's door, who answers not too long after. I give Juice a look mouthing without sound that it was Mckenna on the line so he can retrace it. Juice gets up sliding on a pair of sweats leaving the attractive blonde in the bed sound asleep. He gets on his computer, tracing the phone call with his special nerd skills. "Mckenna," I question," baby can you tell me anything around you? Like can you describe your surroundings." She laughs as if she's not herself," you don't fucking get it do you." Her voice was cold, not herself as she continues," He's going to kill me. He knows about the abortion. Happy," she cries, "I just signed my death sentence. He's going to beat me when he finds out." I couldn't comfort her, Mckenna was slowly breaking down piece by piece. "Come on stay with me," I made the attempt to stay positive," come on you need to be brave baby. Now I repeat please describe your surroundings." "Lots of pine," she answers trying to catch her breath," the house itself looks like it's made of glass, all my surroundings are brightly lite."

I could hear a loud commotion broke, "Happy I love you," her voice cracks as she cries some more," he's coming baby." I could hear the phone drop as she yelps, I could hear him cuss her, talk to her like she was just garbage. "Mckenna baby," I start to panic losing my nerve," baby---" "Stay away from her," a man's voice spoke," or else I'll make sure your bitch is in pieces just like what she did to my baby." "Warren you piece of shit," I was beginning to lose my temper," I swear if you lay another fucking finger on her you will regret it. I always keep my promises." I could hear his laughter," fuck you, Happy Lowman. I own her," I could hear the dial tone flooding my ears as I sling the burner cell across the room.