Chapter Eleven

|Mckenna|

It has been almost a year since my attacked and I was finally living life to the fullest. I had a successful career, a wonderful boyfriend and a life that I lived the way I wanted. I sat on a spring day, dressed in one of my favorite maxi dresses sitting on the picnic table. My hair was back to a vivid plum that I had missed so much. I even had more tattoos and a few piercings, life for me was normal and I was completely relieved by this. There hasn't a day that hasn't passed by that I wonder if Warren is going to ruin this, but with Happy by my side I think I can overcome this.

Warren hasn't spoked a peep, hell I think he might have moved on since now I was with the clubs "killa". "Hey," he spoke wearing a white tank top and jeans sitting next to me, pulling me close with his arms for a kiss. I playfully bit light on his bottom lip as our kisses intensify, I got butterflies every time I was with him. He seemed like a big scary guy, but to me, he was the sweetest man on the planet. "I love you," I whispered in his ear, realizing we're in public and any of the guys could be watching. "I love you too Mckenna," He smiles that warm smile that made my stomach churn I knew I wanted to be with him forever. "So what's the plans today babe," I questioned knowing that it was our anniversary today. "That's a secret babe," he smiles," you go hang with Sloan do a little shopping and whatnot." "Fine," I teased reminding him that despite the fact that he was this total badass when he is with me he was putty in my hands. "So I'll see you tonight then," I question kissing him again leaning my head on him. "Yeah," He kisses me again before getting up," go have fun."  I saw Sloan's baby blue mini coop pull up I looked at him," you planned this." "Maybe," before I could continue my playful argument he was already gone for club business.

"Hey girly," Sloan spoke with a hug," the boys have shit to do. I know it's your anniversary, but we can still have a total kick-ass day." "Okay," I grab my purse and together we were off to shop at the boutiques in a nearby city. "So how are you and Kozik doing," I questioned as we looked at the colorful tops on the racks. "Kozik and I are complicated," Sloan replies," I'm busy with my career in real estate, he's well working for the club. We barely talk it might just be the end of the relationship. I was feeling a bit sad for Sloan I knew she was in love with Kozik, the couple had actually been through a lot of shit. "Are you sure you two are calling it quits," I stopped as I found a shirt I liked," I mean come on you were there when he was a drug addict and he was there when you were going through the loss of your mother." "It's so much more to that," Sloan sighs," we're just spending less and less time. The club takes a lot of that time. We fight more."

The conversation of Kozik and Sloan left a horrid taste in my mouth, sure they were my best friends it was sad to see that they were slowly breaking apart piece by piece like a forgotten memory. It also didn't help that I felt like I've seen the same black sedan following us for pretty much of the day either. By lunch we were sitting outside, eating in silence, I then saw a man in a dress shirt, black slacks and a pair of black sunglasses smoking a cigarette outside of the car. "You okay," Sloan questions nibbling on her salad," you've been quiet the whole day I'm sorry if I soured it. I seriously wanted us to have a good time." As she continues to speak the mystery guy walks over smoothly in our direction. "We need to go," my voice was shaky," there's a guy coming towards our way. He looks to be working for Warren or a cop," I continue praying that it was ITF that wanted to have a chat about what we know of the guys. "Shit," Sloan gets up tossing her money onto the table," let's go now." We moved quickly into the back where her car was parked unfortunately there was a black sedan parked next to us. One of the men dressed the same as the guy chasing us grabbed Sloan, shooting her. I watched blood splatter as she falls to the ground lifeless. "Oh god," I started to turn around to run, my heart was about to beat out of my chest, my legs jelly I was standing here in the middle of a fucking panic attack.

"You need to come home," one of the men spoke," the boss wants you back. Now you have two choices," he looks at me," you can either come willingly or share the same fate as your best friend over there." I was in a state of shock, I somehow managed to follow, walking to the car. It was as if I had much of a choice. As the  car  door shuts, I silently looked at the window, attempting to make a text for help in my pocket for help. I was desperate at this point, so I typed:

                                                                        He found me. Sloan is dead.

Tears filled my eyes as I watched the sign for Welcome to Charming get smaller and smaller. I knew deep down in my gut that he would find me. Warren always had a way of finding me, I knew there would be hell to pay since I have boldly been out in the public living my life the way I wanted. Guilt rushed me as I felt the tears from my cheeks, drip from my cheeks. Sloan wouldn't have been dead if I would have stayed in hiding. I attempted to think happier thoughts of Happy, but my emotions were raw. This was going to be the longest fucking trip of my life.