Chapter 3

Maddie's P.O.V

As we walk on the footpath side by side exchanging different things about ourselves, the wind started to pick up and was blowing my curled hair onto my lip gloss. Tommy's hair blown in the wind looked amazingly perfect, I couldn't help but stare.

He's wearing grey track pants and a black short sleeve Armani emporio t-shirt. His muscles flexed every time he walked. I tried my best to get as close as possible to him. To smell his cologne he sprayed on. An intoxicating, powerful blend. Starts out fresh - slips into spicy leather. Rose-cinnamon masculine accord. Blond leather, blond wood. An arresting alchemy of full-on seduction.

I couldn't get enough of his smell. As we approached the front gates of Beverly Hills High School, Tommy's friends pulled him away from me while he shouted "I'll find you later, Maddie!". I walked through the front door and saw everyone was dressed to impress on the first day. Girls were wearing short crop tops, skirts, and short dresses.
A girl with light makeup and short blonde hair happened to pass by me.
I tapped her on the shoulder "hey sorry I'm new here would you know where the office is?" I smiled nervously
"yeah down the hall to your left" she smiled back
"thank you !" I said.

Anxiety filled me up as I knocked softly on the office door. A raspy voice was heard through the wooden door saying "come in". It was an old woman with small glasses and a black dress. She looked as if she was in her 60s. I nervously walked in, waiting for her to ask me some questions.

She finally asked me "who are you looking for dear?", her face lit up.

"hi, I'm new here would you by any chance know where the principal is?" I reply. "On the right dear"she said. "thank you" I answered.

I slowly knock on the door that said 'Principal Harold'. I quietly turned the knob and pushed the door open. "Hello Maddie, I have been waiting to meet you" he let out with such happiness. "Hi", I say. "Take a seat" he exclaimed. I pull the chair out making a racquet rather than no noise at all, and sat down with my legs pressed against each other.

He gives me my time table and shows me what class I need to head to first, and if I need anything to ask around. I walked out and softly closed the door behind me, and made my way to my first class, English.

I knocked on the door and entered With what looked like thousands of eyes glaring at me. "sorry I'm late, I'm new here", I explained.

Mrs Henley excused me for my late arrival and asked me to introduce myself to the class. I walked over to the front of the room and took a seat next to a lanky guy with dirty blonde hair who looked somewhat oddly attractive. I search the room looking for one familiar face, and I finally saw tommy looking effortlessly perfect.

The bell rings and everyone rushes out the door to get to the cafeteria. As I walk down the hallway I see Tommy next to the lockers. Our eyes meet, his eyes lit up, causing a rush of heat throughout my body.

Fuck, I didn't know until now what he could do to me with a simple stare. It was a breath taking stare. I only met this guy yesterday, yet every time i see him butterflies fill my stomach. As I got closer towards him, his hand reached out to me, I stopped facing in front of him waiting for something to happen.

'Mystery boy' stood still for a while until he asked if I would like to sit with him at the cafeteria. I nodded in agreement and his face shone with happiness from my response. Looking at him smile was the cutest thing I have seen all day.

As we walked home ,Tommy and I shared our first day experiences which only seemed like a couple of moments until we reached home. I waved back at him before entering the front door. The atmosphere has changed my mood as I walked in. The smell of freshly baked cupcakes fill the house.

I walk into the kitchen placing a kiss on my moms and dads cheek and tell them how wonderful my first day was, and how much I think I will eventually fit in with everyone else. They offer me something to drink but I decided against it and go upstairs to my room and unpack my bag and get organised for tomorrow's lessons. I can't help but think about Tommy. What is this boy doing to me?