Chapter 4

Tommy's P.O.V
I can't keep doing this. I can't keep leading Maddie on when I already have a girlfriend. I know that I've only known Maddie for about two days but I already feel a strong connection to her and I can tell she feels it as well. I don't know if I should break up with my girlfriend, Cynthia for Maddie. On one hand the connection I've developed with Maddie in a span of two days is stronger than my connection with Cynthia but on the other hand I know I'm no good for Maddie. She's a good girl with great grades and stays out of mischief, and if I pursue things with Maddie then it would be out of my own selfishness. I'm the complete opposite of her. I'm selfish, impulsive and a bad influence and she's a beautiful girl who doesn't deserve her world to be turned upside down by a dumb guy with a bad temper.

Cynthia and I are similar in many ways but the one trait I have that she doesn't is honesty. I'll say it as it is, no fake shit with me so I wouldn't be able to cheat and hide it- I'll tell it to anyone's face with what looks like no care in the world.

I run to my room without a word to my mom and think. I just think about what the hell I'm going to do. Maddie is too good for me. I've got to stay away from her before I let my selfishness take over and do something I regret. I start with closing the window and curtain, stopping me from gazing at her stunning face and changing my mind.

Maddies P.O.V
My first day at school was so much better than I imagined. Everyone was so nice and welcoming, I couldn't of asked for a better start. I can't deny my increasing feelings towards tommy. He's the absolute opposite from me, and I'm not sure if that's what attracts me to him but he has been such a sweetheart the past two days. His soft inside contradicts his tough exterior. I jump onto my bed and think about him, wondering if he's doing the same so I check the window for a chance to see him. To my surprise, his curtain and window are shut which is surprising as it is the first time he has closed them in the past days I've been living here.

"Don't overthink this, Maddie! You've known him for two days, of course he shuts his curtains, and no it's not because of you", I harshly whisper to myself. How is this going to work if a simple action like this torments my mind so much.
I get my thoughts straight and start on some of my English homework. Why can't I be more like Lizzie Bennett? Courageous, witty and definitely not afraid to stand up for herself or what she believes in. She wouldn't pay this much attention to a guy! As a matter of fact I'm quite the opposite of Elizabeth but I hope this essay on Pride and Prejudice will help knock some common sense into my head.

"Honey, dinner is ready!", yells my mom from downstairs. I head to the kitchen, hoping his window will be opened when I come back.