Chapter 8

Tommy's P.O.V
I can't believe I just let my stupid desires get in the way of my strong game plan. I just couldn't control myself, like usual. I couldn't stay away from her for too long so I had to break the absence somehow. Even a brief "hey" was all I needed. I got another glimpse of her perfect face. "Snap out of it!" I snap at myself. This needs to stop. Tomorrow at school I'm going to stay away from Maddie, for her own good. Too many past experiences have told me that when my desires and selfishness intrude, nothing but a mess is made and that's the last thing I want for Maddie. I put my copy of "Wuthering heights" on my night stand and go to bed, anxious for the day ahead of me.

Maddies P.O.V
I wake up to the sound of my alarm and head out of bed straight away. I hear my mom calling me from down stairs for breakfast and I see a plate of eggs and toast in Front of me. I quickly eat, brush my teeth and throw my hair up into a messy bun. It's pretty hot today so I put on a pair of short denim shorts and a tank top, paired with my Nike Air Force 1's. As I head out of my house I see tommy walking out of his door as well as clearly notices me, but he oddly speed walks down the street to school. I automatically feel sick. What's up with him? Why did he just do that? That was uncalled for, but I can't look too much into things. I take a minute breather then head off to school, over thinking the whole situation. My paranoid mind won't turn off.

I finally arrive at school and 2 girls walk up to me introducing theirselves.
"Hey! You must be the new girl. Nice to meet you," said the first girl.
"I'm gabby and that's kenzie" said the second girl. "What's your name?", they said in unison.
" hey guys, I'm maddie", I said and I met their group while waiting for school to start. I'm so glad there are some nice people at this school.

First, second, third and fourth period go slowly and painfully. It's finally lunch and I find gabby and kenzie and eat my lunch with them in the cafeteria. I spot tommy on the lunch table across the cafeteria with a bunch of dudes ... and the girl from yesterday, the same one that was in his bed! My heart immediately drops. Why didn't I see her on the first day of school? I'm so confused but there's no way I'm talking to him today, I simply don't have the effort. I've got PE after lunch and that will hopefully get my mind off of everything. I head to PE, change into my clothes and head off to play soccer, my favourite. This will definitely help to get my mind off of him and onto the game.

After an intense game of soccer I head to the locker room to gets changed. As soon as I start to head off to class I remember that I left my science binder in the cafeteria while trying to explain the formula to one of the girls. I run to the cafeteria, grab my binder then back to the locker room to grab my school bag and head off to science. As I walk into the locker room, I'm muffled by the sound of slurping. I then turn around to see tommy, and that girl sucking his mouth. They were making out in the girls locker room. My heart immediately sank to my feet and I felt like throwing up. It was too much to handle. I thought he liked me, but I guess I was wrong. I tried to hold back tears but failed. I felt a warm tear run down my face and they both noticed they weren't alone in the locker room. Tommy exclaims "Maddie! I.. i didn't know anyone was still in here. I.. I'm so sorry. Please wait I'll explain everything. Don't leave, please". I ran out of the locker room as fast as I could wile hearing that girl yell "what the hell, tommy", and him replying with "would you shut up". I look like i just saw a ghost.

Why would he do that to me. He let out hints that he liked me then turned his back on it and started making out with another girl. I have no idea why I feel heart broken because I practically just met this guy, but the feelings felt too real. I don't know what I'm going to do.