Chapter 6

Maddie's P.O.V
steadily sitting on my faux fur stool I start getting ready to go out to my Mothers 40th birthday dinner held at some really boujee restaurants I forgot the name of. I start applying my finishing touch... my false whispy eyelashes. It's only my third time doing this so I'm hoping I will actually get it on my lash line this time. Looking through my vanity I see a tall guy starring at me. I turn around and make instant eye contact with Tommy. Gosh he looks amazing with that fluffy hair of his. I smile at him and he waves at me and turns away.

I wonder why we actually haven't spoken much all week or do that sign language people do from the window. I wish I could get to know more about him. He seems so charming and respectful not a guy that likes to use girls for sexual pleasure, he looks so far from that. I'm guessing he probably doesn't want to talk to me or there might be something going on with someone else and he's trying to show her how loyal he is.

I slip on my latex red bodycon dress from PrettyLittleThing.

It was really tight and I could hardly move but I had no choice

It was really tight and I could hardly move but I had no choice. I paired it with my black stiletto heels and gold jewellery. It was getting dark already meaning I needed to move. I scrambled through my Alex nine draws I recently purchased from Ikea to look for my GHD curling iron to give the ends of my hair some cute loose curls.

As I step out I see Tommy walking back into his house. What was he doing out here alone? Tommy glanced at me and muttered "wow" my cheeks immediately flushed. He made me feel special...a different kind of special, a type when someone you are absolutely falling for and you realise it happening and you feel this indescribable sensation in the core of your stomach. It was breathtaking to hear someone as handsome as he is saying those words from his plump lips.

I walked to our car with my YSL handbag and right behind me was my beautiful beloved mother. She looked stunning in the coral dress she bought online. It was a 20 minute drive to arrive at the restaurant were we were only 10 mins earlier than everybody invited. Everyone gathered around the table and began to order some fancy dishes that I won't even bother trying to pronounce. The food arrived approximately 25 minutes later and by the end of it everyone mouth was covered in crumbs and different types of sauces. I must admit it was delicious. I find my thoughts drifting from the perfect food to tommy. Why was he outside his house at night? Is everything okay? Ugh, I'm thinking too much into this. An over thinker in her natural mind state.

This dinner was amazing, but I think it's time to go home, take a shower and go to bed. Maybe open my window in the midst of that as well. Gosh, what's wrong with me? I move houses, meet a very good looking boy and suddenly I'm star-struck? Is that how much self control and respect I have from myself? All frequently asked questions never to be answered. All I know is that I've got to have a grip on myself, otherwise I'll be one of those women who are dependant on a man for their entire lives.
"Tommy is a good looking guy, and I'm so clearly interested in him but I need to get a grip on myself", I whisper to myself. If the sight of his glorious face is enough to send me to the moon and back, what else is he capable of doing to me?

We say goodbye to everyone who attended and head home. I'm so incredibly exhausted after that night, all I want to do is sleep. I carefully walk upstairs in my heals and strip for my shower. I lather my vanilla-coconut blend shower gel over me and wash it off. I find myself sliding down the wall of the shower to sit down because I've never been the most stable person, nor strong minded. I'm easily broken, and the last thing I want is to walk into another death trap disguised as a man. I don't know Tommy, he could be the opposite of my small conception of him for all I know so I need to be careful this time. I haven't had the best past experiences with guys and I don't want history to repeat itself. I have to make sure Tommy isn't the gasoline to my fire, building the flames to a disaster.

I dry off and put on my silk robe and head to my room. I can't help but check his window and to my surprise it's open the slightest bit at this time of night. I see a woman lying on his bed and my heart immediately drops. She looks my age, with blond, messy hair and dark clothing. I see booze on the bed next to her and I find myself subconsciously worrying for Tommy. I try to get rid of my unrealistic thoughts, and fall asleep as soon as my head touches my pillow.