Decepticons

*Meanwhile with Optimus and Ratchet*

Optimus and Ratchet had waiting by a lake while the others were looking for Miko, Raf, and Jack. Optimus quickly grew worried as to what could have happened to the children. Ratchet had noticed Optimus's worry and hugged him.

~~~~

Ratchet had began to worry and a little sleepy. He was tempted to go to recharge since he hadn't recharged since he was turned into a sparkling. Ratchet had quickly snapped out of his slight sleepiness when he heard heavy ped steps in his auto receptors. He looked around, but saw none of the bots.

Optimus looked around and thought, The others had got out of view now. So if any danger comes near Ratchet, there won't be quick protection... Scrap. Optimus felt Ratchet's hold on him get slightly tighter. Ratchet said, "umm... Opie?" Optimus said, "Yes, Ratchet. What's wrong?"

Ratchet scarily asked, "What's causing the loud ped steps, Opie?" Optimus listened for the noise Ratchet had asked about. He heard the ped steps and looked to where he heard them. Optimus gasped and immediately went in alert.

Optimus had spotted Megatron lurking near by. Luckily for them, Megatron hadn't noticed them yet. Megatron said to one of the drones, "We must find the humans before the Autobots do. We could use the humans as bait or force the bots to give us their resources." The drone nodded as he transformed and flew away.

Optimus said, "Ratchet, we must find somewhere to hide. Fast!" Ratchet said scarily, "W-Why, Opie?" Optimus didn't want to scare the scrap out of the sparkling. He said, "I'll tell you why once we are somewhere safe, Ratchet." Ratchet whispered, "Okay, Opie." Ratchet stood up and, luckily, had started walking away from where Megatron is.

~~~~

Ratchet asked, "Where do we go to hide at, Opie?" Optimus said, "I'm not too sure, Ratchet." While Optimus was trying to figure out some place to hide at, Ratchet spotted a large opening in the forest. It appeared to be a former military base. One of the buildings was turned into a house. There were buildings that appeared to be up to 20 feet long all around.

Ratchet started sneaking over to where the house was. Ratchet reached the house and tried to open the back door. The door opened and Ratchet looked at Optimus for him to tell him whether or not to go in. He noticed that Optimus was deep in thought. Ratchet said, "Opie..." Optimus said, "What is it, Ratchet?" Ratchet said, "Can we go in, Opie?" Optimus asked, "Go in where, Ratchet?" Ratchet pointed through the door and said, "Inside."

Optimus quickly started to panic and said, "Ratchet, why would you come to this house? If a human sees us, they might call the authorities. M.E.C.H. might find out about what happened to us and come after us, Ratchet." Ratchet closed the door and rested his back on it. Ratchet sunk to his knees and started to sob. Ratchet didn't want to go anywhere near M.E.C.H. Optimus noticed Ratchet sobbing and was quick to try to calm him down. Optimus asked, "Ratchet, what's wrong?" Ratchet said as he choked back sobs, "I don't want *sob* to go near M.E.C.H., Opie." Optimus quickly said, "M.E.C.H. won't get you, Ratchet. I'll do my best to make sure of that."

Optimus thought, I didn't mean to make him worried. Maybe, we could go inside and just hide from any humans until the cons are gone. Optimus said, "Go inside the house, but look for any humans inside. If you find anyone, then hide, Ratchet. Don't let any humans see you." Ratchet nodded, then opened the door, and walked inside.

Ratchet put Optimus down on the couch. He looked around the whole house and saw no sign of humans in the house at the moment. Ratchet went back to Optimus and whispered, "There isn't anyone in here right now, Opie." Optimus said, "Okay, R-" A clicking sound made Optimus and Ratchet freeze in place. Both looked to where they heard the sound and saw an animal. Ratchet quickly picked up Optimus and started slowly backing away into a corner. The four-legged creature curiously walked towards the duo.

Ratchet backed into the corner and sunk to his knees. The animal kept getting closer. Ratchet whimpered in fear and the creature stop in its tracks. Ratchet started shaking and the creature started slowly backing away. The creature stopped backing away when Ratchet stopped shaking and whimpering in fear. The creature then laid down and tried sniffing Ratchet and Optimus from a distance.

Optimus noticed this behavior and said, "Ratchet, I do not believe that this creature means any harm to us." Ratchet looked at Optimus curiously and asked, "Why do you think that, Opie?" Optimus said, "The creature noticed your fear and then backed away to a distance that you felt comfortable with." Ratchet said, "Oh. That makes sense, Opie." Ratchet cautiously put his servo close to the animal. The animal immediately started sniffing his servo and quickly started wagging it's tail like there was no tomorrow.

Ratchet giggled when the animal started sniffing his servo. He laughed even louder when the animal started wagging it's tail quickly. Optimus assumed that the animal must be some breed of dog that Raf, Miko, and Jack had mentioned a few times. Optimus wasn't sure as to what breed of dog it is, but he did know that it was friendly. The dog had white paws, white tipped ears, tail, and snout. The rest of the dog's fur color was pure black and it's eyes were a beautiful ocean blue.

The dog rose to it's paws when Ratchet's engines rumbled signaling he was low on energon. Ratchet grew quiet and whimpered, "Low..." Optimus was worried about his medic and the dog out a loud whimper. Optimus looked at the dog curiously. He asked the dog, "Do you want to help Ratchet?" The dog barked twice and Optimus tilted his helm. He didn't know what the 2 barks mean and when the dog noticed his confusion, the dog nodded it's head. Optimus thought, 2 barks must mean 'yes'

Optimus asked, "Ratchet needs a substance called energon. Energon is light blue and is a crystal shape normally, but would be the shape of a cube once processed." The dog sat down for a while as if it was thinking. The dog suddenly jumped to her paws and barked. The dog went up to Optimus and signaled for him to follow.

Optimus said, "Ratchet, I'm going to follow the animal and see what it is trying to show me. The animal might lead me to energon for you. Just stay here, okay Ratchet?" Ratchet said, "Okay, Opie." Optimus got off Ratchet's lap and followed the dog as it led him outside the back door. The dog led Optimus to one of the long buildings. The dog opened the door and walked in. Optimus followed the dog's lead and was shocked at what he saw. There was small cubes of energon that went from wall to wall and nearly went to the ceiling. The length of the building was possibly 20-20-20 feet or yards.

Optimus looked at the dog shocked and the dog looked at him. The dog looked at the cubes, then looked at Optimus. The dog tilted it's head as if asking if the cubes were energon. Optimus said, "If you are attempting to ask me if the cubes are energon, then that would be a 'yes'." The dog barked excitedly and ran over to a lift. The dog took the lift up and went back down not long after. The dog had gotten 2 cubes on it's back and 2 are stack on it's snout. Optimus grabbed the 2 cubes on the dogs snout and said, "Let's get back to Ratchet quickly." The dog barked happily and started wagging it's tail again.

Optimus and the dog got back to the house and went up to Ratchet. Optimus said, "Ratchet, it would appear that who ever lives in this house collects energon and processes it into cubes. There is a chance that the human or humans collecting the energon don't even realize that they are collecting energon." Ratchet nodded in understanding and reached for the energon cube that Optimus was holding.

Optimus allowed him to take the cube and once he did, Ratchet immediately started devouring it. Optimus laughed slightly and sat next to him as he concumed the cube he was holding. The dog placed the stacked cubes in front of the duo. The dog walked in circles for a bit and then laid down in between the duo. The dog's head rested on Ratchet's leg. Once the cubes were consumed, Optimus and Ratchet went into recharge and the dog fell sleep.