Recovery

Nicole's POV

Nicole's POV

It had been nearly 3 weeks since Florian and I had broken up. I had ignored all of his calls and texts. Ignored him when he showed up to my place numerous times. Ignored the flowers and notes he sent. Ignored the messages he tried to send through Tessa and Steven and even Sly. Ignored it all. I had basically shut myself into my place. I only left to handle meetings for Michael or to get food. Michael and Kay rotated between coming to check on me each day. I hadn't put on any makeup in about a week and leggings and a t-shirt had become my staple outfit.

I lay on my couch watching some Netflix series that I was so uninterested in I couldn't even remember the name. It was just background noise to my thoughts.

My phone rang and I picked it up and saw Michael names on the screen.

"Hey." I answered.

"Hey, how you feeling?" He asked. The standard question now.

"I'm good." Lie

"Good. So uh, I need you to come over so I can show you some stuff my manager sent over before we start the international press." He replied. I sighed deeply.

"Okay. I'll be there in an hour." I replied.

"Ok. See ya. Love ya." He said.

"Love ya too see you soon." I hung up and got off the couch and walked to my closet to grab something to put on.

I brushed my hair up into a ponytail, slid some lipgloss on my lips and mascara on my lashes to make myself look like I hadn't been dead for the last few days and headed out

I arrived and parked, jogging up to his front door to get out of the cold. Winter has come around with a vengeance.

I rang the doorbell and he answered almost instantly.

"Hey sis!" He pulled me into a big hug quickly. Weird, he never does that..

He let me go and closed the door behind me as I walked further into his house. I turned the corner and there he was. I stopped in my tracks.

Florian stood there, wringing his hands while looking at me. He had dark circles around his eyes. His beard has grown out longer than usual. He looked to have lost a tiny bit of weight but his muscle definition was still there. Despite all this, he was still the most handsome man I'd ever seen.

My body reacted instantly. My heart started to beat faster, my palms got sweaty. I looked away from him to Michael who looked nervous.

"What the hell is this?" I asked quietly. I hadn't seen him in weeks and wasn't planning on seeing him ever again. Maybe encounter him briefly at the premiere but that's it.

"Nic, just hear him out please? I didn't want to listen to him at first. Wanted to just punch his face in for hurting my baby sister but then I listened to him and well, you should too. Just hear him out?" He pleaded.

I scrunched my face up in anger before turning back to Florian and crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well? Go head." I said.

He sighed. "I NEVER cheated on you Nic. You know I never would."

I snorted. "Those pictures tell a different story."

"Nic." Michael scolded from behind me. I rolled my eyes but allowed Florian to keep going.

"Kelly set it all up. She paid her friend to take pictures to make you think I was cheating because she wanted to be with me. She's crazy."

"So those pictures are fake?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"No but they're made to look a way they're not." He said.

"So you did do all those things then?" I threw my hands out in frustration. "That's proves exactly what I think."

"No!" He yelled frustrated. I took a step back. I never liked to be yelled at especially by a man. "I'm sorry. I know you don't like being yelled at." He apologized.

"Just let me finish?" He pleaded.

"The one photo of us at the night club? She gave me something strong as hell to drink, shit maybe even drugged me and I was sitting there with my eyes closed trying to sober up when I felt her on me but I pushed her off, nothing happened." I look over his face to see his tell tale sign of lying, his eye twitch. But it didn't.

"And her mirror selfie?" I questioned wanting the whole truth.

"She staged that when I was super drunk that night when I "lost" my phone" he used his hands to put air quotes around lost. I furrowed my brow. "She took my phone when she brought me back to my room and she took my shirt and cross when she dropped me off. You can ask Mike he knows she volunteered to help me to my room." He said

"It's true." Michael piped in from behind us.

"And that other one? Of you guys kissing?" I asked.

"Photoshopped. We hugged and she kissed my cheek and her and her friend photoshopped it to look like more." He explained. "So please just know that I would never and have never cheated on you. You're the woman I love. The air that I breathe. My everything. You're my forever.I want to make you the happiest woman for the rest of your life and I would never ever jeopardize that with some girl." He finished.

I looked into his eyes and saw how genuine he was. I love this man. But do I trust him?

"You still lied." I spoke quietly.

"What?" He asked.

"You lied. By omission. You didn't tell me she came onto you that night at the club." I explained.

"I'm sorry I just didn't want to make a big deal out of something so little." He pleaded stepping forward. I stepped back. I could see the hurt flash in his eyes.

"Little? Look what that "little" thing has blown into Florian!" I gestured between the two of us.

"What can I do?" He pleaded. I shook my head. He walked closer to me and got down in his knees.

"I will do anything. What can I do to make you give me a second chance?" He pleaded looking at me.

I reached my hand down and placed it on his cheek. His head turned into it, his eyes closing savoring the touch. I went to pull away when his hand flew up and gripped mine, kissing my palm.

"Please." He whispered softly into my palm. He rested his head against my stomach. Tears sprung to my eyes and I wiped them away rapidly, pulling my hand from his grasp

"I need time Florian. I need to learn to trust you again." I said. He looked up at me and nodded.

"I will show you that you can trust me I don't care how long it takes. A month, a year, a decade. However long it takes I will get you back. You will be mine and I'll never lose you again." He stood up and kissed my forehead while I gripped his arm and he rested his head on top of mine.