; CHAPTER 5 ; - Regret.

It's been two days.

He's laid up in the hospital yet again, hooked up to machines to monitor his breathing and his health. His stomach had to be pumped and he was internally bleeding from the pills acting so fast.

It's been two days since he woke up. He was in a medically induced coma, and Jotaro never left his side; he refused to. The last time he did that, he almost lost him. Never again. The raven haired gripped his hand, tears already starting to flood those sharp, stern eyes that were soft with sadness and worry.

"You fucking idiot... What would have happened if I didn't bring you food..? Y...You—" He feels sick just thinking it. Imagine it; nearly loosing your best friend not one, but two times? That has to be a complete damper on a mood—no, a LIFE, if anything. "Just.. please, I beg you–please talk to me.." He pulls his hand up and sighs, resting his forehead on his frail fingers that were cold with the temperature of the room.

"We're loosing her! Get me the defibrillator!" The constant pangs of anxiety that came one after the other were enough to floor the redhead as he watched the doctors place the electrically charged objects against his mothers chest, limp body jolting forward with each discharge—before suddenly,

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

She had flatlined during a checkup.

She isn't going to last long at this rate.

"Ghk—" Jotaro was actually... crying. It was rare he let his emotions get over him, head burrowing into the bed side as he sobbed. "You... you fucking.. idiot..! Why didn't you say anything—" Did he miss the messages? Kakyoin never seemed to show any signs of distress.. at least outside of his nightmares. His parents hadn't come home yet due to delayed flights, but they were trying so hard. He knew they were. Jotaro relentlessly sobbed into the bed, Star Platinum actually summoning on his own and looking over his user with a concerned look. "Ora.."

Jotaro feels a hand and he flinches, looking over. Star pulls back quickly and stares at him before reaching over again and doing his best to wipe at his tear stained face. Despite the head jerks, he reluctantly gives into the stands hold and just lets the tears flow. He needs to stop being so pent up emotionally. It isn't good. "Oh..oh Star what the hell am I going to do.." He sniffles and leans back. Another day is slowly coming to a close.

"Mom! Mom, look—it's a "Helichrysum arenarium", or better known as an Immortelle—They're used in treatment for things like Gall bladder disorders, and as a diuretic for treating rheumatism and cystitis. It's also in herbal tea made in Syria for medicinal purposes." Kakyoin was like a little kid when it came to plants. He always was, ever since he was a small child.

His mother smiles weakly and pets the seventeen year olds head, chuckling. "They're a very nice shade of yellow. They'd make good decoration around a house."

It's Thursday now. Doctors were in the room, Jotaro sat off to the side to give them room.