Ash

Ash x reader fluff

"There is no way you'll beat me this time fur ball!" You about happily as you race through the valley floor, Ash close behind you on all fours. He replied with a huff and a fibber as he jumped over your shoulders and began to take the lead.

"Oh no you don't." You growl playfully and run up a fallen tree trunk, jumping over his head and landing with a roll before racing past him.

Ash blinked in surprise and continued again. When you two ran, the smooth hill began to incline, revealing the mountainside where home was located. You panted and smiled when you saw the front gate of the city. You even saw Luca walking by leisurely as you neared. As pushed as hard as his legs could but you were a foot ahead, running almost side by side up the pathway and to Luca, who slowed to a stop when he saw the two of you coming.

Then you all but slid into home like a baseball player, your foot ever so gently touching the knuckles of the large gorilla, who simply looked down at you and huffed out in slight annoyance at your childishness. You panted out a laugh as Ash crashed I to Luca's side and grunted, falling on his back.

"Looks like I win again!" You say standing. Ash growled at himself and sat up, rubbing his head a little.

"That was really close that time, you almost had me." You say helping him stand.

'Yeah almost. You are getting fast which is good if you ever need to escape a predator. But you still can't climb as well as me.' He signs proudly.

"Excuse me? I can climb just fine thank you." You says half heartedly.

'Then how about tomorrow we try climbing. Loser has to help make dinner.' He signs, then wiggled his brow.

'And just so you know, tomorrow is fish night.'

You groan with a shudder, you hated fish and he knew it. Which meant you just HAD to win tomorrow.

"...your on. I'll see you tomorrow." You reply heading to your tiny hut.

As waved goodbye at you, watching you walk away and sighing a bit dreamily. Luca, who wasn't far away, huffed at the young ape and shook his head. Ash ducked his head in embarrassment and scurried to his home, ready to beat you tomorrow.

The next day after the two of you finished your daily duties, you excused yourself before dinner began to be prepared and rushed out the forest.

"Alright Ash, ready for me to smoke you?" You ask smirking.

'Good luck, you'll need it.' He jokes, causing you to shove him a little.

"Okay. Lets go!" You shout as you climb up the nearest tree.

Ash does the same on another beside you and soon, you began to race across the trees. You balanced yourself well enough when running across he thick beams of the tree branches, but it want fast enough. You could see Ash two trees ahead, mocking you by stopping and leaning on the tree waiting for you with a smirk. This made you push harder, running as fast and as carefully as you could through the trees.

The valley below grew farther and farther away and you realized the trees were getting taller. As you panted out a breath, you looked around to see how far Ash had gone. But he wasn't anywhere you could see him.

"Ash?" You called as you walked down the branch looking around.

"Ash where are you?" You called again. No answer.

"That fur ball is probably back at the colony by now... can't believe I have to help skin the damn fish..." You began to mumble to yourself as you swung into a lower branch and sighed.

Then you hummed, looking down at the valley below you. It had to be about 10 stories high. If you fell you'd be killed instantly. You gulped as your gaze moved to the other side where a particularly thin branch was waiting for you. Taking a deep breath, you backed up as far as you could before racing to the edge of the branch. Then you jumped with a grunt, landing on the small branch. But as soon as your weight landed completely on the branch, you heard a sickening snap.

You didn't have time to react as you began to fall to the ground. You gasped out to help when a warm furry body slammed into you, sending you to the trunk of a tree with a grunt. You both slid down until you felt your butt land on another branch. You panted as your heart beat sped up a mole a minute while looking down at the floor. The busted branch was in pieces below, causing you to let out s shaky breath.

"Thanks Ash." You breathed as the ape around you leaned back.

He looked like he had seen a ghost and his eyes were near to tears. His arms were wrapped around you so tight you didn't even notice he had pulled away. It felt like a boa wrapping around you, it was so tight.

"You can let go now." You say but he shook his head, pushing his face deep into your neck. That's when you realized he was shaking like a leaf.

"What's wrong?" You ask.

Thats when he pulled away, finally releasing you with his strong hold.

'I was so afraid you were going to die... I couldn't live with myself if something happened to you.' He signs.

"W-what do you mean?" You stutter out, a huge red blush forming on your cheeks and ears as he stares at you with his vibrant green eye. This time he fidgeted, looking away as if embarrass before looking back at you.

'I like you (Y/n). I like you a lot.' He signs. You were blown away. All you could do was stare.

"You do?" You breathed. He nods sslowly his head down.

You suddenly smiled, feeling your heart explode with joy as you hug his neck. He was surprised but hugged back.

"I like you too." You reply in his ear.

Ash smiles and brings you closer, holding you for a moment before pressing his forehead to yours.

'Now lets go home.' He signs and you nod.

He helps you climb down and the two of you began to walk hand in hand back to the colony, until Ash smirked at you.

'You know, I still won. Time for you to make dinner.' He signs.

"Oh!" You growled as he huffed out a laugh, running away on all fours with you chasing him.