Koba

Koba x reader fluff

Koba paced back and forth in a flurry of anger as Ceaser sat on her perch behind him, watching his friend with calm eyes.

'How can you let her stay. She is one of them!'He signs, pointing to himself and his scars before resuming his pacing.

'She did not cause your pain Koba. She and I were raised together. She is good. Besides, she saved your life. You should be grateful.' This made Koba pause, looking down to you, who was sitting with the ape children helping them learn to sign, even with an arm wrapped heavily in gauze and the severe bruising all over your arms and shoulder.

You had fought a wildcat for him, yet he couldn't bring himself to thank you. For years he had always thought humans evil and there was no such thing as a good human but...

The day started like any other. You had been sitting on the edge of the bridge watching for potential dangers while the group was heading back from the hunt. You wanted to prove yourself to all of them but more specifically Koba. Ever since you arrived he gave you evil looks and would huff at you, but you were making progress from when he tried to cut you when you first got to the colony.

The group was walking up the hill when you saw movement in the bushes behind Koba, who was ushering the others safely to the entrance. He didn't notice a wild cat was slowly approaching his back, its eyes directly to him. You acted quickly, jumping down and rushing towards him. For a moment Koba assumed you were coming for him, but then was surprised when you launched over him to tackle the cat that had just pounced towards him. He watched you scrap the with animal a moment before you stabbed it, killing it. You had smiled over at him for a split second before staggering to the ground, blood flowing quickly from a large wound on your shoulder and arm. Koba brought himself from his stupor enough to carry you back to the village and to the Obas. Ever since those couple days back, he had been hesitant to even look at you let alone be cruel to you. He would even watch you as you walked around, a strange look in his eye when you smiled at him.

Ceaser, who had been patiently waiting for him to consider his words, stood and patted his shoulder.

'At least thank her.' He signs, looking down at you, who had gotten up and rubbing your sore arm and heading to the obas hut.

Koba huffed our a sigh of defeat and nodded; he had to do that at least. He made his way to the hut while you were rewrapping your arm by the obas. He had walked in the hut and stood at the doorway waiting until they were done and then asked you to walk with him... well more told you to walk with him. Still, you were glad he wanted to spend time with you.

As you walked, he kept looking over at your shoulder. You wore your human shirt, tank top you said it was, against the warm sun. The cut had healed well but the bruise was still huge along your shoulder and down your arm, a mixture of purple, blue and yellow littering your skin.

"Koba..." his eyes went up to yours.

"Not that I don't mind walking with you but... was there a point to it?" You ask carefully.

He blinked a moment before he realized the two of you had walked for a little over ten minutes in a comfortable silence. He wrinkled his nose and nodded, turning away.

'Thank you.' He signs quickly as he looked away, hiding his face from you. You blinked in surprise but smiled at him, turning back forwards.

"Anytime." You replied.

He looked over at you and stared at you a moment. Then suddenly his own lips curled into a small smile, staring at your face as you made your way back home together.

Ever since then, he had asked to walk with you every evening. He would ask you about yourself and you would tell him stories about your past life and how you and Ceaser were neighbors and grew close over the years before the outbreak. Then losing your home and leaving the city to find the colony and becoming part of them.

'Never saw how much you do for us. Thank you.' He signs as you walk one day.

"Well this is my home, if I can't help out when there is help needed, then I'd be useless." You reply, then smirk a bit.

"You know, you been thanking me quite a bit lately, does this mean you don't hate me anymore?" You ask half jokingly, though inside you truly wanted to know the answer.

He stopped walking completely, turning to you making you stop. Then he smiled and reached out, hesitantly taking one of your hands in his and holding in between his thick calloused fingers while he felt the softness of your skin, a look of pure content on his face as he traced the wrinkled on your knuckle, then looked up at you.

"I could never hate you." He says aloud, surprising you. You blushed bright red and smiled, eyes cast downwards at the ground. When did that spot of dirt get there?

He smiles wider and lifts your chin with his knuckle. That's when you realized he was actually quite close to you. His hand reached down and gently touched the wound on your arm, not making so much as as twinge of pain shoot through you as he leaned in, pressing his forehead to yours and holding the back of your neck with the other hand. You smiled, leaning into him while he wrapped his arm around you, holding you close.