Lake

Lake x F!reader fluff

Lake and you were close, as close as a human and ape could be anyway. You had helped save them from the colonel and earned her place in the colony, caring for the young human girl that accompanied Maurice and the others. The two became closer each day.

One day as you were fetching water, you heard someone walking up behind you. Turning, you smiled at Lake, your ape friend, as she walked up and sat beside you. But she didn't smile back, she actually looked upset.

"Are you alright?" You ask as you continue to fill the water bag.

'Can I ask you something?' She signs.

"Sure, ask away." You reply.

'Is it... normal for humans to like the same sex?' She asks.

You stopped and turned to her, seeing her looking at you with a strange nervous frown.

"Well sure, lots of people like the same sex. My aunt was married to a woman, my grandpa was in a relationship with guys for a while. Even I've gone out with a girl. its frowned upon in some uptight societies but for the most part its all good... why do you ask?" You say looking at her with narrowed eyes.

This time she fidgeted, looking away and fiddling with her fingers as she bit her lip. You chuckled, finding the innocent action sort of cute.

'Its nothing.' She finally signs.

"Are you sure it's nothing? You know you can tell me anything right?" You say inching closer, leaning in and smiling at her through your eyelashes.

She gulped at you and nodded slowly, but didn't make a move to leave. She simply sat there, knee to knee with you and staring at your bright (eye color) eyes with her own emerald colored orbs.

"You know Lake, if there's anything your curious about, you can tell me. I'm here to help. With anything." You say with a soft smile, placing your hand on hers.

If she could blush, she'd be bright red. Her eyes widened and she smiled a little, nodding in understanding and took your hand in her own. She liked how soft your skin was compared to her own furry hands, running then across your wrist and up to your elbow. You let her, smiling as she explored your arm and smiled in wonder. Secretly, you inched even closer, now hip to hip and all but leaning over her as she looked up at you.

'Can I...'

You had a feeling you knew what she wanted and you nodded. She inhaled and sighed before turning to you. You closed your eyes and let her touch your face, her course hands running across your cheeks as her breath wafted in your face. She smelled like berries, and as she neared you, she closed her own eyes, pressing her lips to yours and kissing your lips.

It was a small quick peck, but it felt nice. When she pulled away, you could have sworn you saw a blush under her fur. She smiled and nodded to you, standing and helping you pick up the water bags and holding out her hand. Smiling, you took it, squeezing it as you grabbed the rest of the bags and began to walk with her back to the colony. The two of you shared a small smile before parting for the rest of the day.