Koba

Koba x reader

Koba was not a gentle kind soul, he never was. Ever since he was young he was always so cruel and violent. His poor excuse of a past life would do that to anyone. But somehow even after everything he had gone through, everything he hated about himself, he had fallen in love. And with a human.

You were trying to survive against s harsh world and a cruel virus that killed your friends and family, leaving you with no one. But when you found Ceaser and Blue Eyes being cornered by a gruesome bear, you did all you could to keep them from being eaten before Koba arrived to kill the bear. Koba was about to kill you but something in him changed. You had such a sweet soul and a kind heart that he felt almost guilty to even consider hurting you.

So when Ceaser allowed you to stay with them, he stayed as far away from you as he could hoping the weird feeling in his gut would go away. But somehow he found you always smiling at him and speaking to him making the feeling grow. Then suddenly one day you sought him out with tears in your eyes. You confided in him that you missed your family and friends and felt lonely. That same something inside him made him ache in sadness for you and he told you he wouldn't leave you alone and that he would be by your side when you need him. Then you hugged him, taking him by surprise. The feeling came back even more but that time he didn't really mind.

After that day, he couldn't stop thinking about you. He would go out of his way to make sure you were alright for the day before going about his own business. He taught you how to make spears and hunt with bow and arrow though you preferred the spear and would often take you on hunts when you asked. These little actions didn't go unnoticed by the ape king and he watched as you two slowly began to grow closer.

One day as you sharpened spears for the warrior apes, Koba watched you. He had his own half finishes spear in his hands and his hands paused while watching you. Your eyes were cast down as you held the spear in your hand, almost as if you wanted to keep it. But that spear belonged to Luca and he was proud of it.

Koba hummed and smirked at the spear in his hands; he was making himself a new one since his last one broke and he couldn't keep using it. While he continued to work on it, Ceaser walked up to him and sat down beside him.

'Koba my friend, what troubles you today?' Ceaser signs.

'Nothing. Why?'

'You stare at (y/n) as if you are hiding something from her? Is it perhaps your feelings?' Ceaser asks with a knowing smirk.

Koba flinched and glared wide eyed at the ape king, embarrassed he knew he had feelings for you.

'I don't know what you mean.' He signs before sharpening the stone of his spear.

The ape king chuckles and pats his shoulder before signing again.

'Tell her the truth brother. Or give her something to show your affection for her.' He suggests.

Koba blinked and looked at you, seeing your reluctance to give Luca his spear so he could go on watch, then he growled.

'What does a human female even like!?' He signs loudly.

'Flowers, pretty stones? What kind of gift could I give her to make her know how much I care?' He signs to Ceaser, who was smirking at him.

'You'll figure something out.' Ceaser replies patting his shoulder once more before getting up, moving up and walking away. Koba glared half hazardly at the ape leader and huffed out a sigh, turning back to you.

He cared so much but you never showed any sign of caring for him. He was almost afraid to show you how he felt. But she shook his head; he was a seasoned warrior, not a mushy ape babe who is afraid of a girl. He huffed once more before looking down at his spear. Then he blinked, his eyes widening and looking up at you with a small smile.

That night as you wished the others goodnight, you yawned and walked to your hut by the waterfall, rubbing your eyes.

"(Y/n)." You heard and stopped, looking around and seeing Koba standing by the door of her hut.

"Oh hi Koba, what brings you to my side of the colony?" You smirk.

'Have something for you.' He signs holding up a long object wrapped in a fur.

You blinked and took it from him, unwrapping it and gasping. It was a spear with feathers at the tip and your initials at the base.

"Wow. For me?"

'I wanted to show how much we appreciate what you do around here... and how much I care...' He signs the last bit more to himself, though you caught it. You smiled, walking up to him hugging the spear.

"You care about me?" You ask, lensing in close. He shrugs, trying to keep his cool but with you getting so close it was becoming difficult.

"How much do you care?" You ask, hope all but dripping from your eyes.

"...I..." he raspy deep voice starts, looking down at your eyes. ThRh he inhaled and tried again.

"I... love you." He says slowly.

Your eyes widened and you gasped quietly.

"Really?" You asks, smiling at him. He didn't say anything, just nodded slowly. This made you grin and you hugged him around his chest, putting your head on his throat under his chin.

"I love you too!" You say.

He was shocked, blinking a moment before slowly putting his arms around you and holding you close and pressing foreheads together, never wanting to let go.