Koba

Koba x reader

Koba thrashed in his sleep as his fingers dug into his shoulder and face, memories of the humans probing and stabbing him, cutting him and testing on him. Beside his hut was you, sleeping peacefully in your own nest when you heard a growl. Being a light sleeper it woke you instantly. You shot up with a gasp and listened, hearing it coming from Koba's hut and you got up. You slipped out of your hut and slowly walked to his doorway peering in at the ape as he tossed and turned in his nest. Biting your lip, you considered going in there. But Ceaser warned you that Koba's temper gets the best of him at times and when he had night terrors he forgets where he is. He lashes out, he hurts people. He said it to protect you but you cared very deeply for the scarred ape and it broke your heart to see his body thrashing around and growling in pain.

You sighed, squared your shoulders and went inside. As you neared you noticed his nails were digging into his shoulders, his old wounds began to bleed. You quickly made your way over, kneeling by him.

"Koba." You whispered. Still he thrashed and grunted.

"Koba wake up." You said louder, staring to put your hand on his arm.

Bad move. His eyes shot open and with a deep dangerous growl, he lunged at you, teeth bared and snarling in your face. You yelped as his hands pinned your own to the best and he knelt by you, his teeth mere inches from your throat as he growled and snarled.

"Koba please, its me!" You squeal.

Then he blinks, his lips unfurling and his strong grip loosening. Then his eyes widened and back backed away quickly, pushing himself against the wall of the hut and panting. You sat up slowly, looking at his broken stature as he curled up tightly, holding his head.

"Koba?..." you crawled towards him slowly, eyeing his balled up fist at his side.

"Leave." He gasped out but you shook your head.

"No, I won't leave you like this." You reply sitting up in your knees and waiting patiently for him to relax. Eventually he did, unfurling himself and looking at your soft face.

"Come on, lets take care of that." You say pointing to his shoulder and arm. He looked at them and sighed while you picked up a cloth and dipped it in a water bowl beside the window of his hut, motioning him over. He sat in the middle of his nest while you knelt behind him on your knees, dabbing the wet cloth onto his shoulder to stop the bleeding.

"Why do you help me?" He asks.

"Why not?" You replied.

"I could have hurt you."

"I'll live." You smile, patting his shoulder, then went serious as he touched his scarred arm.

"Wanna tell me about it." You say.

He sighs deeply and nods, looking up at you as you smiled down at him. He then surprised you by leaning on your chest, his head on your shoulder.

"It was my past. The labs, the testing. So much pain, they cut me... they hurt me so deeply." He says touching his eye.

"I can't stop thinking about it."

"And you shouldn't." He turns to you. You round him and take his shoulders and neck.

"Our memories, sometimes they're all we have. They may be terrible like yours, wonderful like Ceaser's, or a little of both like mine. But they are ours and we should never forget them." You say and took his hand, smiling up at his confused look.

"Because of your memories, the pain you endured, they made you into a strong, loyal, protective, wonderful ape. Never forget that." You say.

He was amazed at you. You of all, comforting him. The feel of your warm hands against his fur, your fingers touching his milky eye and scars so leisurely, it made his heart swell with joy. He slowly took your hands, pulling you closer to him. Now your both sitting up on your knees, chest to chest and staring at one another.

"(Y/n)... I..." he couldn't say it, he was so nervous you wouldn't feel the same way but you did. You smiled, taking his hand and pressing your forehead to his, closing your eyes.

"I love you." You whisper.

He sighs relieved and smiled, bringing his hands up to wrap around your waist and pull you closer to him, pressing against his chest while you wrap your hands around his disfigured back and scarred shoulder.

"I love you." He replies with a heavy breath.

You smile wider as you pull away, bringing your hand to his cheek and leaning in. He does the same, allowing you to kiss his rough lips to your own gentle soft ones, sealing your bond of love forever.