Our Thanksgiving Day

Adorabat's POV:

I'm super excited because today's Thanksgiving! This is the first time I'm actually having Thanksgiving with Mao Mao and Badgerclops, so this should be fun! It was a little past afternoon and Badgerclops was already making the turkey and the stuffing. Mao Mao was making the extra things: cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, gravy, and cobbler and apple pie for dessert! After we eat we're gonna put the Christmas tree up! I can barely contain my excitement!

"Can I help y'all with Thanksgiving dinner? I hate waiting ten hours to do something!" I whined. 

Badgerclops replied, "Sure Adorabat! You can make the gravy with Mao Mao's help!"

"Yeah," Mao Mao exclaimed, "I was just about to start making it, so you can pitch in."

"YIPPEE!" And now . . . ROLL THE MONTAGE! 

I'm the best child in the universe to be able to make gravy ALL BY MYSELF (*cough* with Mao's help *cough* *cough*)! I made messes here and there but it was all okay! After that, I was the taste tester! I made sure all of the goods were super yummy! It only felt like thirty minutes to make dinner, but it was actually two hours. We put the cobbler and apple pie in the fridge to preserve it for later.

"Okay," Mao started as we headed to the living room, "Since we have to wait for the food to cool down, do you wanna put up the Christmas tree Adorabat?" I gasped dramatically.

"YES YES YES!" I squealed. Mao Mao chuckled and put me on top of his head. I played around with his ears, poking them and squishing them. I rubbed them to feel the fur. Suddenly, I felt my whole body vibrating. I also heard a weird noise. "Mao Mao what's that-"

I immediately realized where that noise was coming from. It was from Mao Mao! I never heard the strange sound before, but it seemed like whenever I rubbed his ear it happened. Badgerclops must've heard it too as he turned around after taking out the tree. "Uh Mao? You DO realize you're purring right?" he smirked.

"W-what are you talking about? I'm not purring at all!" Mao lied, looking flustered and red. Ohh purring

"Well it's official—you and Adorabat are TOO CUTE!" Badgerclops declared. 

"Let's put the tree up already," Mao Mao mumbled as he covered himself with his cape. Mao Mao and Badgerclops put the tree together before we could decorate. Badgerclops took out a box of ornaments and we had a good time hanging them up and messing around. Last but not least, the frosty blue star. I really wanted to do the star!

"Guys can I PLEASE do the star?" I pleaded. Mao took the star out of the box and held it in front of me.

"Of course you can! Besides, Badgerclops and I are too lazy to hang it up ourselves," he joked. I took the star with my feet and flew to the top of the Christmas tree. I dropped the star on top. My eyes sparkled as I gazed at the pretty decoration. 

"The food should be cooled down by now," Badgerclops notified us. Time to eat!

We had to add an extra table due to the amount of food we had. Before we ate, we had to say who or what we were thankful for. Mao Mao went first and he stood from his chair. He cleared his throat. "I'm thankful for all of you guys and Pure Heart Valley! You two mean a lot to me and finding Pure Heart is a wish that was granted." He looked at me and smiled. "And I would've never met you, Adorabat."

I grinned and my cheeks flourished with pink. Badgerclops went next and stood up. "I'm thankful for y'all and this food. This food is pretty good and I'm proud of myself! You guys are my boat and my cuddle buddies." Mao Mao made an annoyed look on his face, but I only chuckled. I realized it was my turn now! I stood up from my chair and went on the table. 

"I . . . I'm thankful for you guys since you're both the coolest friends I've ever had! You both mean a lot to me and I always think about being a hero just like you both!" I felt happy tears peek over my eyes and I flew over to Badgerclops to hug him. He hugged me back with his ginormous, muscly, and floofy arm. I flew to Mao Mao and hugged him.

He hugged me like if he let go of me, I would disappear into nothingness. I heard sniffling and looked up to see Mao Mao crying. "A-are you okay Mao Mao? Did I do something wrong?" I whimpered.

"No, I'm okay. I just love you too much Adorabat!" he cried, his voice cracking a little. I think I love him even more than he does! I squeezed him even tighter and my own tears slid down my cheeks. 

"Okay dudes stop it with the love fest! You're gonna make me lose my appetite over your cuteness!" Badgerclops chirped. We broke the hug and I flew back to my seat. We talked here and there as we ate our Thanksgiving dinner. We waited a while to eat dessert and boy was it YUMMY! 

I think that's all I'm gonna put here for today. Also, Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful for all the valuable things in your life! Eating with Mao Mao and Badgerclops made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. It made me feel like we were family. 

A complete family.

I know I posted this SUPER LATE but at least it's done!