FØÛR

RØRY

Have I mentioned how much I hated school? No?  Well, I did. I despised school so much. Now with the added fear of the library, it was even less pleasant.

The library had just been reopened after the fire, but people were clearly staying clear of it. I mean, so was I, because that room is where I was minutes away from loosing my life. However, those other students and teachers just knew that a teenage girl died in that very room.

A tap on my shoulder brought me out of my daze. I realised I was glaring at the doors to the library.

I turn to see a small boy, even smaller than me. I was 5'5 and he looked to be 5 foot nothing. He smiled up at me and waved, his white teeth beaming against his skin that was just a few shades darker than tanned.

I have never seen this kid before in my life, but his petite body was wrapped up in the school uniform of black pants, white button up, black tie and black blazer.

Hello he mouthed to me, brown doe eyes bright and innocent.

"Hi," I force myself to smile because I just had to in front of this boy.

I'm new and lost he laughed and I joined in. The German class room?

"I was just heading there, you can follow me." I sling my laptop case over my left shoulder and start walking to the language building.

The sun was out and the plants were bright. I like school in spring because it smelt nice and looked even better.

The boy tugs on my sleeve to get me to look at him, which I do.

I'm Daniel, but call me Danny. He said before bending down to pluck a small yellow flower and put it behind his ear. He plucked another and handed it to me.

"Rory," I mutter as I slip the flower behind my scarred ear, finger brushing through my white hair. I re-dyed it yesterday afternoon, it had finally grown back enough to get some dye into.

"Here we are," I say once we reach the German class. It was cool that Danny was going to be in my class, I had a feeling he was going to be my first friend.

I opened the door and everyone turned to look at me and of course, start to whisper.

"Guten Morgen, Rory." Frau Schwarz ignored the class and gestured for me sit down. Danny follows me to the back of the class and sits down beside me.

Oliver, a guy who should have graduated last year but was held back, turned around in his seat to look at me before gaging.

"You look like a fucking mummy." He cackled.

Danny made a gesture with his hands, sign languages probably, and had a pissy expression on. He just looked like an angry kitten.

Fuck off, Danny mouthed when Oliver seemed to not understand his sign.

Oliver flipped Danny off but faced the front off the class again, which I was great full for.

Danny passes me a note in rounded letters.

He's such a dick :(