FĮVĖ

KÅY

I dropped my bag on the bleachers and turn around to see Rory doing the same thing, just more warily.

"Teach me how to swim." I demand. It wasn't a question and certainly wasn't a request.

Rory blinked, once, twice, three times before shaking his head in exasperation. Before he could tell me no, I was kicking my shoes off and peeling my socks off my feet.

"I have to go home," Rory muttered but my tie was already falling to the ground at my feet. "I'm being picked up in twenty minutes."

"Tell your dads' that you'll be home late," I say, unbuckling my belt. "I'll drop you back later."

"But what if I don't want to teach you?" Rory rolled his pretty blue eyes at me. I had the first few buttons open on my shirt so I pulled it over my head and dropped it to the pile of clothes at my feet.

Rory gapes at my torso, the lap of tattoos that covered scars, but he didn't know about the scars. I had tattoos everywhere on my torso, going around my neck and back and arms. He watched them like they were a movie, chasing a vine that went under the hem of my jeans before snapping his eyes back up to mind.

"Then I guess I drown." I let my pants fall, step out of them and then jump into the deep end of the pool.

I had never learnt to swim, so I instantly start drowning. In hindsight, this probably wasn't the best idea to get Rory more comfortable with me.

Before I get to the point of actually drowning and not just gasping for air when I found my head above water, thin but lean arms wrapped around my middle. Rory pulled me up from the water and started treading water to keep us both afloat.

"You're a stupid fucking idiot!" Rory growled in my ear and I almost smirked. He hadn't even taken his clothes off, just his shoes and socks. His school uniform was clinging to him, outlining his perfect body for me. His white shirt was see through and I saw his scarred but defined torso, the material following ever divert and valley of his lean torso.

"Teach me." I demand again, earning a growl in response. His chest rumbled and the vibrations carried over to mine, making my heart beat fast enough that he could probably feel it against his chest.

"Fine!" Rory huffed. I felt his chest move under mine and -God! "I'm going to let go of you and you are going to float on your back."

That is when I realised that he had taken us the the shallow end of the pool and I could stand up.

Rory let go and hopped around me. He pressed his hands into the small of my back and pulled me backwards by my shoulder. Soon I was starfish floating with Rory holding my waist to keep me afloat.

I must have been looking at him weird because he says, "I taught swim classes to kids before...before the accident."

Rory bit his lip and pulled his hands away from me to cling to his stomach. I stand back up when I realised he was shaking and sniffing.

I had no idea how to deal with crying, I never have so I just kinda stood there awkwardly waiting for him to gain control over his sobs.

What should I do? Like, hug him or something?

I guess I should try that?

I hesitated before wrapping my arms entirely around his small frame. I had a feeling this was the first time he was crying over this, just from the sheer intensity of the sobs that wracked through him.

Soon as my arms were around him, Rory crashed into my chest and hugged me back. His arms went around my neck, cupping the back of my head and bringing it down so our temples were pressed against each other.

Rory pulled on my hair, almost violently as he was no doubt cursing himself right now. Rory had always been so strong, this was the first time I had ever seen him cry. Of course there was that night, but I only hear him, I didn't see tears. I knew something must have happened to make him so emotionally guarded, from experience of course.

I found myself wanting to know what it was, what made him so reserved, but I knew he'd never tell me.

I stroked Rory's back, and I seemed to comfort him due to his breathing becoming regular.

Rory moves his head a bit, laying his cheek on my shoulder. That meant his lips were now perfectly at my level to kiss, and that was not a good thing. Rory had made it obvious that he wanted nothing to do with me, from crying when we had sex to avoiding me like the plague.

"Kay?" Rory whispers. I watch his mouth make the movements for my name, I watch him form the word and...

And I kissed him.

My whole body ignited like i was gasoline and he was a match. It was a press, barely a kiss, more a long lasting peck. It was wrong, it was right, it was too much, it was not enough.

Rory gasped and moved his head away, our lips tearing apart.

"Kay!" He shrieked. I'm guessing that wasn't a good reaction then. "Why-"

"Because." I state, not wanting to admit that I like this boy nestled in my arms, right where he was supposed to be.

"Because?" Rory asks, warily. He's got his hands on either side of my chest, only slightly pushing away.

"Because." I nodded.

Rory closes his eyes with a sigh that sounded so heavy it almost dragged me to the bottom of the pool. The he opened his beautiful crystal eyes and stared right back at me.

"Only kissing." Rory says in a matter of fact tone. "Nothing more."

"Sounds right with me." No, it didn't. I wanted Rory in every way possible, kissing was going to make that worse. I was going to stop wanted and start needing.

However, I leant down and we were -once again- kissing.