ĖĮGHT [v]

RØRY
(2 weeks later)

They wanted to send me away.

By 'send me away' I mean ship me off to Brendon and Matt's apartment until the cops figured out who sent me that text. That could be forever!

Besides, if I go I won't be able to see anyone other than my uncles, who will probably be making out on every piece of furniture any time possible. This is why they didn't get kids, they were crazy into each other.

Of course, my dads were the same way, but at least Pa had some fight in him to tell dad to save it. Brendon literally couldn't!

Anyways, back to the point. I was being sent off to the city to hide from someone I had no idea was.

And I wouldn't be able to see Danny who I've grown close too. He'd come to see me after the accident on his way home from school every day, give me the homework and assessments if he had some time he'd show me what we were learning in German. He was the best (and only) friend I've ever had.

Also Kay. Yeah, Kay fucking Marvel. I know. But, he'd really helped me through the past two weeks when I literally just wanted to straight-up die. There have been so many moments in the past few days were I just wanted to end myself, where rubber bands weren't enough. So many times where I've looked at a knife while I've been doing the dishes and just thought 'I could. I should.'. However, Kay would always call at 12:33 pm and he'd hand up at 1:21 pm and I'd feel like maybe someone cared.

I know my dad and pa cared, Brendon and Matt too. Danny. Kay being there was different, he seemed to get it. He seemed to get this feeling of dread and ugly depression that was eating me up inside. The guilt of having selfish thoughts of ending my own life.

Every time his photo pops up on my phone, I find myself remembering his hugs at the pool. His photo was from when we were snapping each other. I'd send him an ugly photo, he'd send one back. My ugly photo was things like a face mask, big hoodie and terrible lighting. His were lighting perfect to light up his eyes, showing collar bone, in bed-basically not ugly what so ever.

So what? I had excepted that I found Kay Marvel highly attractive. And? Aron Piper was highly, highly attractive, but I didn't fancy him. Same thing with Kay. He was nice to look at, but that was it.

Who was I kidding? I liked him, a lot. Like, a lot, a lot. I was the type of person to trip over anyone who played attention to me, and Kay hadn't just been playing attention to me, he had been worshiping me basically. I felt bad that he had to care for me like he was my babysitter, but at the same time, it was working wonders on my self loathing.

"Rory!" I slam the door to block out my dads' voice from the bottom of the stairs. My eyes are prickly with tears, no way do they think they can ship me off! Not when I finally had a friend, not when things were getting better.

I fall down on my bed, clutching a black boomerang pillow like it was a lifeline. I crushed it under me and punch it to death. It got to the point where I threw it across my room and it slammed into a framed photo of pa, dad, Brendon, Matt and I. The pillow fell to the floor with the photo.

The sound of shattering glass split through my anger, right into my memories.

"I fucking wish I never had you!" The vase smashed against the floor, right between my exposed legs. Blood gushed from all the cuts on the insides of my thighs.