FØÛRTĖĖN [v] [sc]

KÅY
I would be lying if I didn't say I was scared, terrified even.

I had never been so scared to see Rory. There had been moments where I dreaded seeing him at school because I didn't know if I could hold back from kissing him.

However, this was different. I was terrified to see Rory, to see how badly he'd hurt himself. I was terrified because I knew that Rory was dealing with things I couldn't even imagine, things that made him want to...to leave.

I had seen instances where things would seem suspicious.

The time we had sex, I pinned his hands to the clothes pegs and he had ripped away from me violently. I told him not to let go of them, but I didn't pin him down again.

When I punched a guy at school for calling Rory terrible things about his scars, Rory had gone into a disassociated state and only zoned out of it when I pulled him out of the room.

He flinched when anyone raised their voice to loud and hated looking at Ethan for reasons I couldn't understand. He could look at me fine, so it had nothing to do with looks.

It made me mad that someone had done this to him. I wanted to know who so I could destroy them.

I checked the address that Rory sent me and nodded. I was standing outside the right door, the penthouse, but I was scared to knock.

I decided to man the fuck up because my Rory was behind that door hurting.

I knocked three times, rather hard too. The door swung opened and I am met with Jayden towering over me with a pissy expression.

I get that he was being a protective father, but what had I done to make him think I was such a bad person?

"I don't like you." Jayden tells me instead of a hello.

"Rory?" I ask, he was my first and only priority right now. I needed to make sure he was safe, he needed to be safe.

Jayden stepped aside to let me in and points to a door next to the stairs. I acknowledge the three other men in the room with a quick hello before charging into that room.

Soft music is playing, it's sad sounding and familiar, it's Daddy issues by the Neighbourhood which was my favourite song. I didn't think Rory listened to the band, he was more into Troye Sivan and that one song Hot Girl Bummer so I was a little confused.

I spot Rory, he's curled up in the corner of the room, where the windows met the wall, wrapped up in warm blankets.

I set my bag down on the big bed and move to kneel next to him.

I cup his warm cheek and make him turn to me. Rory's wearing the hoodie he took of me last time we saw each other, making me smile.

"Rory? Pet?" I whisper gently when I see his glazed over eyes. He's been crying, but those eyes are from being somewhere else in your mind and I didn't think that was a good place to be for him just now. "Rory? Hey, come back to me, Pet."

Slowly, Rory blinks. It takes a few times until the daze is completely gone, but when it is, Rory pressed my hand into his cheek firmer.