o n e

Ron looked at Hermione, "I just can't be with you anymore. I just don't like you that way... I thought I did, but-"
"Me, too."
     Ron looked at Hermione, "Guess it was a long time running."
"Hey, Ron?"
"Yeah?"
     Hermione stood up from the couch, "I'm going to leave... but, it's not your fault. Just remember that."
     Ron looked puzzled, "What do you mean?"
     Hermione didn't say anything but held her wand up and all her stuff came flying to her and packed itself in a suitcase. She looked at Ron once more as he sat looking shocked at her, "Take care, will you?"
     She walked out, no where to go, no one to keep her back. A new life ahead of her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     Hermione stared out, it had been a year since she had run away from her troubles. She entered university and got a job at the bookstore on campus. Her life wasn't to hard because she had a lot of money that she transferred to muggle money.
     "Hey, Hermione, I have some packages that need unloading in the back," Emily, Hermione's boss, called.
     "Coming!" Hermione called back as she was snapped back into reality. She walked into the back and picked up a box labeled fiction. She then walked it over to the fiction section and started to load the shelves.
     She heard the door open, she yelled back out, "I'll be there in a minute!" She finished unloading the books, picked up the box, and started to walk back towards the counter. She looked up the the tall, pale blonde man leaning against it. She dropped the box she was carrying.
     "Draco?" Hermione said. The man turned and his silver eyes meet her brown ones.
     "It's been a quick second, hasn't it?" Draco smirked as he asked.
"What are you doing here?" Hermione picked the box back up and walked behind the counter.
"Buying a book of course."
"At a school you don't even go to?"
"Maybe I do go here."
"You don't, you are to well dressed for that. Plus, you wouldn't chose a place like this, you'd probably go somewhere else."
"You caught me," Draco held his hands up, "Now let me buy you lunch."
     Hermione almost said yes, but then stopped herself, "I'm working."
     As if on cue, Emily walked out with another box, "He's cute, let him buy you lunch. I can hold down the fort while you are away."
     Hermione looked at Emily and sighed, not the answer she wanted, but the answer she got. She looked back at Draco, "I guess I get free lunch."
     Draco smirked as he walked towards the door, "Right you are." He held the door open and Hermione walked outside. Draco caught up and walked beside her,  "So, what do you want for lunch?"
     Hermione was quiet for a second, then she turned to him looking a little frantic, "Please don't tell anyone. I don't want to go back, not yet."
Draco stopped and looked Hermione on her eyes, "Relax, I know I'm a Slytherin, but I'm not that bad of a person."
     Her face flooded with relief, "Thanks, I don't know what I would do if I was forced back."
     "I was thinking about the little diner down the street," Draco said diverting the conversation, "Or, we can do it the Malfoy way, and eat somewhere nice?"
     Hermione smiled, "The little diner sounds great."
     Draco started walking again, "That's what I thought."
     They walked in silence, they each had so many questions, but they didn't want to say them. It wasn't til they reached the diner when Draco spoke.
     He opened the door, "Here you go."
     Hermione walked in, "Thanks." Hermione walked towards an empty booth and sat down, Draco quickly followed her. A waitress bounded up to them, "What you you like to drink?"
     Hermione sat and thought for a second, "A cappuccino, please."
     The waitress jotted it down, "One cappuccino," She looked up at Draco, "And for you, sir?"
"The same, thanks." Once she finished jotting it down she walked away.
     Hermione finally said something, "How?"
     Draco looked up confused, "What?"
"How did you find me? I thought I was very well hidden?"
"I have resources, and time. Things the Potters and Weasleys don't have as much as."
"What do you mean?"
"They have been bending over backwards because they miss you so much."
"They- they do?" Hermione looked down at her hands. She missed them, but seeing them meant having to go back.
"They love you so much, they consider you family, I know that for a fact."
"I know I just..." Hermione stopped speaking and stared at Draco sadness in her eyes. He knew she didn't want to talk about them.
"What have you been doing recently?" He tried to steering the topic away.
"Oh, I'm studying law. It's my second year. I live a comfortable life and I have a good job, for now."
"Why law?"
"Well, I was the head of the magical creatures division... I just thought it could transfer over."
"And did it?"
"Quite well actually," Hermione paused, "So what have you been doing?"
"Well, I run Malfoy potions."
"You restarted it?"
"Different people, different standards, same name. Though it was hard to get people to believe that, nobody is really fond of my father."
"I can see why."
"You'd have to be living under a rock to not understand why. He was a terrible person, with a sketchy business."
"Yeah," Hermione said, "So, what potions are you working on?"
"None at the moment, just making the ones we already sell, but," Draco pauses.  "We do have a theory about one, wolfsbane."
"What about it?" Hermione leaned in.
     Draco leaned in as well, "We have and idea about switching up the ingredients, to make it were the werewolves can have their body and their mind."
"That sounds amazing!"
"I know it's just... it's a theory nothing else. I want it to be something bigger, I want it to be successful, but it's a theory, nothing more, nothing less."
     Hermione smiled, "Well, if you just study the potion ingredients and see how they work, you might just be able to make it."
"Let's hope so..."