s i x t e e n

Hermione stood at the edge of the stairs, "Hey, Draco, you going to supper?"
     Draco came back into focus and looked at Hermione, "I... I guess."
     "We can go together," Hermione smiled.
      "Ok." Draco opened the door and let Hermione out.
     They awkwardly walked towards the Great Hall.
     Once they were about to reach the Great Hall, Draco opened his mouth. Hermione stopped him, "We all did what we needed to survive. I've already forgiven you, a long time ago, actually."
     "Thank you for forgiving me," Draco sighed, "some people don't really want to forgive me, or even have me be here. It really helps that you understand what I did."
     "You really helped us back in the manor, if you did anything we would've been hurt worse." Hermione grabbed her arm.
     Draco placed his hand on Hermione's arm, "My aunt was a obsessed blood driven psycho..."
     "Which also isn't your fault, we all have our scars, and this is mine."
     "I just wish I made some different decisions, I wish I asked for help to become better."
     "You were young, trying to keep your family safe. I probably would've done the same if I was in your position."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     Draco closed the journal in front of him, "Dammit."
     He had tried so hard on this last potion but nothing, he really thought it would work this time.
     Just then his phone rang, he looked at the caller ID and picked up, "I can't do it."
     "Do... what?" Hermione asked concerned.
     "This potion."
     "Why not?"
     "Because I tried my hardest, and I still failed. I don't know where to go with this potion. Besides no one wants me to finish it."
     "I want you to finish it. Besides, we can figure out what to do with this potion together. You are going to help so many people if you do."
     Draco sighed, "I have no idea what to do next."
     "And we will talk about it like we have been. How about next week?"
     "Yeah, that sounds great." Draco said.
     "I've got to head to class now. Don't give up, everything will be alright." Hermione hung up the phone.
     Draco heard a knock on his door, "Come in." He looked up to see Gregory standing in his door frame, "Is everything alright?"
     "Boss, there are some people here to see you. They're in the conference room." Gregory said nervously.
     "Oh, dear."