e i g h t

Hermione slammed down her books, "This is getting tough."
Draco looked at her, "I think I need a break... and probably some fire whiskey."
"Hey, bring me some too."
Draco laughed, "Goody two shoes, Miss Granger, wants some fire whiskey?"
"Anything to help studying. The N.E.W.T.S. are way harder than I thought."
"To bad I don't have any fire whiskey."
"Well, we will just have to get some after our exams, won't we?"
"The lower scorer pays, of course."
Hermione smirked, "Do you know who you're challenging?"
"Yes, the question is, do you?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Draco opened the familiar glass door and saw Hermione sitting inside. He walked up to her, "I have exciting news."
Hermione looked up, "Yeah?"
"The potion is done, and it's a full moon tonight. We've already had someone taking it everyday for a week."
"That's great!"
"And I took your recommendation and the lab workers asked to set up in the werewolf safe place. We are testing there with the help of werewolf workers."
"That's great. Are you going to be there?"
Draco smiled, "Actually I'm here because I do this thing where I go out to eat after finishing a potion. I was wondering if you would like to join me?"
"Oh..."
"I already have a private restaurant set up, and its muggle."
"I'd love to go." Hermione smiled. "I'm about to get off work now."
"You can leave!" Emily called from the back.
Hermione laughed as she got off her stool and picked up her bag from behind the counter. She met up with Draco at the door and they walked outside.
"Just around here," Draco guided Hermione out onto a road.
Sitting on the road was a horse drawn carriage. Hermione looked at Draco, "This is to much."
"I just really wanted to thank you."
Draco helped Hermione into the carriage and clicked his fingers, the horse took off.
Hermione looked at Draco questioningly, "Magic?"
"Guilty," He held his hands up, "but that's the only magic for this evening."
     They reached a brick building. Draco jumped out and helped Hermione down.
"So, is this the place?" Hermione asked.
"Not exactly," Draco guided Hermione up the steps.
     When they reached the top, Hermione's jaw dropped open. There was a beautiful rooftop garden, full bloom in the fall. In the center of the garden there was a table with candles around it. She looked at Draco, "I thought you said no more magic."
     "These flowers aren't magical, there is just a great gardener."
     Hermione shrugged and went over to the table, Draco pulled out her chair and she sat down.
     After Draco sat down across from her, Hermione said, "Do you do this after every potion?"
     Draco smirked, "I thought you already knew how extra I was."
"True."
     Draco's smile slowly fell off his face, "I've missed you."
"Me, too," Hermione looked in Draco's eyes, "Why did you leave me?"
"Ron. He didn't like me. And I didn't want to ruin the picture perfect couple. It was best if I just stayed away."
"Well, look how that turned out."
"I'm hoping to make up for it. Maybe that's why I came looking for you."
"Maybe..."